What do we think of this Constellation 2852-6?

Serial number dates it to 1956, caliber 501. Case and lugs look ok to me, but the dial - too pristine? MOY test, applied logo, font, hour markers, hands and the crosshair all look right, but the dial itself is so clean. Redial?
If it is genuine, can I get some opinions on what a reasonable asking price would be for an example in this condition? Movement looks clean, by the way, seller says that the watch was serviced two years ago. Thanks in advance for your comments.

I don't see any lume on the dial markers?
Would it have been radium for this reference?

Would it have been radium for this reference?
This style of dial generally had radium. Hands have it.

Could be that dial was cleaned and radium removed.
gatorcpa

This style of dial generally had radium. Hands have it.

Could be that dial was cleaned and radium removed.
gatorcpa
That's what I'm thinking as well. What's your sense of the watch generally. Decent example or pass?

Just took a closer look at the dial. ”Chronometer”, as opposed to “Chronometre”.

Makes me unsure of originality of dial.

I would pass.
gatorcpa

Just took a closer look at the dial. ”Chronometer”, as opposed to “Chronometre”.

Makes me unsure of originality of dial.

I would pass.
gatorcpa
Good eye! Thank you.

You guys are so good at this. 👍

Do you got a straight up picture?
More or less. Give me a few minutes and I'll post what I have. Doesn't Gator's comment regarding Chronometer vs. Chronometre end the inquiry. If I remember correctly, the changeover happened around 1959-1960. The serial on this watch dates it to 1956, so shouldn't it be Chronometre instead of Chronometer?

I have to tell you all that this dial had me fooled at first, because the aging was very well done. If not for the printing mistakes (fonts are almost dead-on correct), I would have been fooled for sure.

My guess is that it is an Asian redial. Could be South Korea or Vietnam. These are getting better every day.
gatorcpa

If it's a redial it looks to be a very good one. Nice thin font with good looking text. Sideways it looks genuine. Although the 'a' indeed is strange.

Do you got a straight up picture?
This is the best straight on photo that I have.

Why is'nt the crosshair overlapping the 6 o'clock?

If it's a redial it looks to be a very good one. Nice thin font with good looking text. Sideways it looks genuine. Although the 'a' indeed is strange.
Like Gator, I initially thought that it was genuine too. I focused on all of the traditional tests and the crosshair in particular which looks perfect.

redial
Yep, agreed. You called it. Really appreciate your review and comment. Thanks.

They even got the brushing on the outside portion of the dial correct.

Scary good,
gatorcpa