What are you NOT doing in 2024 (watch related)?

Continuing with @Davidt 's thread for 2024 watch goals, what are you NOT going to do in 2024?

I'll start off.

1. I will not buy cheap watches. Cheap is relative but I'll try to avoid anything under $3K unless it's an iconic piece. It's always sooo tempting when it's $500 or $1k that I pick up watches that I like but rarely wear. It's just my opinion but I don't see a point in hoarding a bunch of watches that I'll never wear (even if I like all of them). With the servicing costs and my growing collection, it's best for me to focus on big pieces that I really love and will wear more consistently.

2. I need to stop buying straps and bracelets. I have an entire drawer of straps from leather (pin buckle, Omega deployment style, and every leather you can think of) to NATO (regular style, single pass, Octopod system) to all kinds of bracelets.

Like 8
Buying watches. Related to your first point, everything I want now requires some saving and research so there won’t be any moves made in 2024. I picked up enough in 2023.

Like 9
Focusing on existing projects, rather than buying more watches. Subject to change…

Like 6
IMG_8243.png The experts over on the pocket watch thread are offering good advice and recommendations.

I’m not gonna not buy one if I find one that I like.

Watch pictured is a @TexOmega heirloom.

Like 6
I keep telling myself that I won't buy 20 more Seikos this year. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Like 5
Buying watches. Related to your first point, everything I want now requires some saving and research so there won’t be any moves made in 2024. I picked up enough in 2023.
Sorry, but I cannot “like” this post. :eek:

Like 3
I make it my new years resolution, Not to make New years resolutions.

I have enough projects to keep my interest for 500 years. So why do I keep getting more.

Still waiting for the next two Landeron winding clutches to arrive. Seller listed thee more. Of course I only have two more balance staffs and stems. Perhaps it is well no one is selling such cheap online. It also gets frustrating, when a single part is the same price as yet another caseless parts watch. Can I resist? Is it even worth resisting?

There is also a goodwill impulse buy in the mail. At least it is a complete watch.

Probably good idea to avoid, seductive cheap watches. Could not resist them 30 years ago. So why is now any different. I do have the means to do a simple service. Still I want to fix watch A, before I move onto watch B, then C,D e, f, g etc all the way to Omega.

Then there are the pipe organs ...

Like 5
Sorry, but I cannot “like” this post. :eek:
It can’t all be about acquisition. Got to just be happy with what you have sometimes. Especially from a financial perspective. These things aren’t cheap.

Like 5
It can’t all be about acquisition. Got to just be happy with what you have sometimes. Especially from a financial perspective. These things aren’t cheap.
[Plugging ears with fingers] I can’t hear you. What’s that? I can’t hear you.

Like 7
Will not be buying a white dialled Speedmaster. I already have two light dialled Speedmasters (Apollo 11 35th and cream dial moon/date) and those aren't topped from the few pics I've seen of the Daniel Craig watch.

Won't be putting any new money into the collection, in fact will be selling a few of the more valuable pieces. Any new pieces will be offset by selling something else. Nothing really wanted or needed at this point.

I resolve to not swear I will not buy any watches.

Like 4
IMG_8243.png The experts over on the pocket watch thread are offering good advice and recommendations.

I’m not gonna not buy one if I find one that I like.

Watch pictured is a @TexOmega heirloom.
But, maybe, just maybe, you’ll pop a picture in the pocket watch forum that meets your expectations and make a suggestion for someone else? :-)

Like 1
I am not going to be as impulsive. I’ve already missed a couple that I probably should have purchased, but I’m sticking with the plan. Besides, I have enough project watches to work on. I’m sure I’ll add to my collection, but it’ll be with much more thought and research.

Like 3
I'm not making resolutions that I know I won't keep.

Like 5

So true, I wont buy any new watches and I am perfectly happy with what I got (2254 Seamaster and a vintage Geneve).

Happy new year everybody!
IMG_20230211_180616 (2).jpg

Like 2
Buying much :( Still digging out of "bought-a-used-Porsche-and-had-to-fix-some-things" debt

Worth it, but the watch itch is killing me! There's so much good stuff out there

Like 6
I redid my boxes over the weekend and saw what I have ... makes me realize that I shouldn't buy more but I can't imagine I won't since I have a few in mind already, and ... sadly? ... they are 500-1k micros that just look so damn good. I was set to pick up that orange dial NH MKII and then he dropped his NH55 and I'm like .... woah. And then there's the Longines bronze/green diver.

zman, you need to do a couple "no repeat novembers" with me and then you get to wear it all. :D

Like 1
:eek: I will be spending less time on certain watch forums that have ignoramuses on there :eek: or watch folk that think that their viewpoint is the only one....get over yourselves!