Forums Latest Members

What Are My Options With My Omega Constellation From 2000?

1. ryanrutan Mar 2, 2013

I purchased this watch brand new back in 2000. I went through a phase when I stopped wearing watches all-together (about 10 years); however, now I'm interested in possibly starting up again. I went to my watch case, expecting to find a watch with a dead battery ... and apparently there's more than that. Looking at the face, it appears there is some sort of discoloration going on. Not sure what that means. Took it into a local Omega dealer, and they said that this perpetual calendar model was not very popular ... and hence was production ceased. They said it would be $50 to send the watch into Omega and they would call back with an estimate.

I really like the watch, it's is very low profile and looks/feels sharp, but debating. Fix the old one or sell it as-is (if its worth anything) and put that money towards a new one. Is there a market for this version? I paid $1200 I believe back then, so in my mind ... there is a logical upper limit on how much I'll spend to resuscitate the nostalgia of my first Omega. =)

Can anyone give me some insight/recommendations? I personally loved the perpetual calendar, but not if its got issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2665.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

The bill to fix could well be more than the watch is worth honestly

3. ryanrutan Mar 2, 2013

Thanks for the honest insight here. =) Is there any market for spare parts or what not for this model?

4. ulackfocus Mar 2, 2013

What happened to that dial? ::confused2::

5. ryanrutan Mar 2, 2013

I dont know. Literally, 10 years ago when I put it in the box it was just fine. I opened up the box, and noticed the discoloration, just yesterday. Been reading a bit about random issues with sitting watches, and my only guess is battery acid leak perhaps? Either way, sucks that it happened. Was looking forward to wearing it again. =\

6. Wheels Mar 2, 2013

Yep, I'm going to go with a battery leak. Good luck with that one, if its shown up on the dial its probably killed the movement as well. May have even pitted the case as well.

7. ryanrutan Mar 2, 2013

Appreciate everyone's knowledge here. Looks like its shopping time =)

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 3, 2013

Probably this time you should opt for automatic. I love this double claw design. It's my first Omega, I bought it pre-owned last year still love it untilnow. It starts my 'expensive' journey in Omega collecting world.
    If you want exact model (but with automatic movement) the price range is around USD 800-1000. A New Old Stock probably would knock around USD 1,500-1,800.