What’s the best bit of life advice/tip you’ve ever received?

To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late and to be late is unacceptable
The late Vince Lombardi lived by this principle and repeated it often, he did pretty well.

My best advice was from my mom when I went in the service, "end no life and start no life".
I repeated that to my kids going off to school.

Like 1
Some people won't like you, many for no reason. Work for the people that love you and you'll never care about those that don't.

Most of the time you don’t need more information, you only need more courage.

You just might fail doing what you love, but you’ll for sure fail doing what you hate.

Not everyone you fight is your enemy, not everyone that helps you is your friend. Be careful.

Your true passion is not something you *want* to do every day, it’s something you *have* to do.

Time passes whether you stand still or move. Doing nothing is also a decision.

Life rewards action, not intelligence. Being smart doesn’t matter until you show what you can do with it.

The greater your success, the fewer people you can share it with that will understand. That's just life.

Your goal isn't perfection, it's progress. Show progress every day in some way. Work, family, faith, friends.

Like 6
When we were teenagers my friend’s dad told us
“if you’re going to break the law only break one at a time”

If nobody has come back from the future to kill you, your mistakes probably aren't that bad.

Like 5
‘It’ll probably seem different after a good night’s sleep'.

Like 4
Good guys finish last

Completely disagree. Sadly there are bad people who succeed, but I know very good people who succeed even in the corporate rat race, through their own goodness, talent, ability to manage others well and get the best out of them. Which then brings the question: who would you rather be?

Wisdom from parents and grand parents:
“Work”
“Say what’s on your mind”
“don’t break the law for small things, if you have to break the law let it be for something that’s really worth it” (from a grandfather that lived under nazi occupation)
“Don’t get worked up over things that don’t work, the general rule is that things won’t work until you make them work”.
“It’s only money; health and life are the things that really matter”
“No point worrying about something that can’t be undone”.
Edited:

Like 3
Don't trust a guy that uses the word prejudice. He is the first to do it.

Okay, no longer trust you...

Like 4
Anyone starting out on a corporate career, read, remember but think twice before you quote :-

We trained hard but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we were reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while actually producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Petronius Arbiter, 210 B.C.

‘Think twice’, like measure twice cut once, is always good advice.

Like 3
Okay, no longer trust you...

Archer, you are a very good watchmaker.

If you ever move to europe let me know. We could build a nice horology project.

A few from my father that have always stuck with me:

Never judge a man's wealth by the car that he drives.
If you pay cheap, you'll pay twice.
Never argue with a women because even when they are wrong, they will never admit it.

Like 1
A few from my father that have always stuck with me:

Never judge a man's wealth by the car that he drives.
If you pay cheap, you'll pay twice.
Never argue with a women because even when they are wrong, they will never admit it.

I know true assholes and wonderful people with bmw motorbikes. The same with porsche.

Like 1
Sh*t at work.

Why? Because if you spend 10 minutes per day on your BM, you'll have been literally paid for a full year of sh*t by the time you retire :cool:

(10 minutes per day, 48 weeks a year, over a 40 year career = app 1600 hours, on par with an average working year in many countries)

Like 1
Wisdom from my father…”Show me a man who won’t take care of his family, and I’ll show you not much of a man.”

My father ... "Don't do things people can point fingers at you, and say... It's him, it's his fault". In essence, be good with others.
And from both my parents, "I love you, say it while you can"

Like 2