Weird X-33 behavior

Hi all;
My X-33 has been a bit strange recently, starting about a week ago, when I noticed that the backlight wasn't working while I was out in the cold (~0F, -20C). It started working again when I got indoors, so I didn't think too much of it. Now, again the backlight no longer lights, and after "activating" the backlight the watch goes into low battery mode (hand jumps every 5 secs), then returns to ticking as normal after a while. It has been about 18 months since I have bought the watch new off an AD, not OB, so it seems a bit soon for a battery change.

Is this something that you typically see near the end of battery life, or is it something more problematic? It's still under warranty so it should be no issue to send it in.

Thanks!

It sounds like a buggered battery, but as it’s still under warranty let them sort it

The lights stop working near the end of the battery life. Omega quotes the watch having 24 months battery life (could be much more or much less depending on how often light and other features are used), so with your 18 months of ownership and unknown lifetime between manufacture and your date of purchase, it's time to get it replaced.

No backlight and second-hand jumping every 5 seconds is the indication for a low battery.
Note: with normal battery the second-hand stops moving when switching on the backlight. This is normal operation.

I have low-battery indication persisting after changing the battery in mine... I'm going to try a battery from another batch, but if that doesn't work it'll go back for (probably) a new movement and full overhaul.

I *think* the newer suffix movements are slightly less battery-hogs but maybe not.