Forums Latest Members

Weird payment issue on Chrono24

1. muditrawat Jul 24, 2019

I'm based out of Canada and usually use my Canadian credit cards to pay for transactions on Chrono24. I also have a US credit card which I use often (through RBC). I just tried to pay for a Speedmaster and my transaction did not go through and the card was blocked. On further inquiry and speaking with the banks customer service, I found out that they categorize Chrono24 as a gambling site and won't let any transaction from it go through! Did anyone else ever have this issue?

Edited Jul 24, 2019
  2. WYO_Watch Jul 24, 2019

Now that’s funny - I’ve read plenty of comments from people here who consider buying on Chrono24 a gamble as well ::rimshot::

On a more serious side - switch cards. I would also recommend calling your card company instead of Chrono since they are the ones that stopped the payment. Best of luck

muditrawat likes this.
  3. Evitzee Jul 24, 2019

It all depends on how the merchant is coded....for this card processor they seem to have coded Chrono24 erroneously as a gambling site. Try another card. But call your card issuer to get it unblocked and tell them it isn't a gambling site.

muditrawat likes this.
  4. muditrawat Jul 24, 2019

LOL!!! I did speak with my bank's CS and they told me about the gambling categorization. I told them that it's not, but the person couldn't do anything about it. I actually really like my bank and this is the first time I've had an issue where they weren't helpful. Maybe this is a new way for banks to tell customers to start investing in the banks financial products and not 'investing' in vintage watches :p

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 24, 2019

It can randomly happen if someone knows what they are doing when they file a complaint. It was malicious by someone fighting a charge.

The website needs to contact their payment processor.

I’m not going to explain how to do it, but it’s not hard and used to happen to me on a regular basis.

6. staristheanswer Jul 24, 2019

WYO_Watch, TDBK, KingCrouchy and 4 others like this.