Forums Latest Members
  1. Smspectre Sep 16, 2016

Best to leave the low rated models for indoor use only. Don't get them wet or feed after midnight.

2. alam Sep 16, 2016

::confused2:: you never go outside with these watches? :D

3. Smspectre Sep 16, 2016

::facepalm1::

4. alam Sep 16, 2016

agree! :p

Archer likes this.
  5. speedbird Sep 16, 2016

Contrarians are everywhere I guess.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 16, 2016

Sorry, I got here late.

I spent most of my life involved in some way with preventive maintenance on everything from guided missiles to small arms to ship systems to aircraft weapon systems and precision instruments.

It seems I wasted all of that time when I could have just sat back and waited until the manufacturer warranty expired and then start a maintenance regime.
    But then it would probably be too late.

cicindela, Nitzbar and overlinjw like this.
  7. speedbird Sep 16, 2016

I hear Raytheon is extending their warranty from 2 to 5 years anyway.

8. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Oct 1, 2016

Been swimming, jumping diving with this watch the whole summer no problems so far
    [​IMG]

SmokyT likes this.
  9. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 3, 2016

Did you get paid to do so? If so, that wasted time is called "work"... :whistling:

10. soybeanwatch Oct 5, 2016

+1 I tend to get mine tested/gaskets replaced every year before summer. It definitely won't be the end of the world, but might cost a pretty penny to get it back to tip top shape.

11. mokofoko One sad panda Oct 5, 2016

Absolutely right--I grew up in the salt, and had plenty of things destroyed by being in the drink and not properly flushed immediately. Salt water in the case--for me--would warrant an immediate drive out to the nearest watchmaker I could find.

IMO, a couple of hours with water inside an Omega--let alone days--would be too long!!

12. mokofoko One sad panda Oct 5, 2016

Ditto this, I frequent the same place all the time for pressure testing. I only use my cheapest watch in the ocean, but it's still worth $700! In my mind, $8 every 6 months is money well spent.

dsio likes this.
  13. incursore61 Oct 5, 2016

ohh no ...!

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 5, 2016

Precisely, its seriously not much money at all, a good analogy would be buying an expensive car and then not bothering to wax it or remove the bird poo before it ruins the paint, such a minor thing to do to ensure your purchase remains in excellent condition.

mokofoko likes this.
  15. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 6, 2016

Well, these watches are for swimming purposes too!...i dont think a test must be done....Once you buy these watches, close your eyes and dive...

looks like yours was having a manufacture defect...

16. mokofoko One sad panda Oct 6, 2016

They're water-resistant, not water-proof. Seals can fail. All it takes is opening/closing the caseback once and getting unlucky with that gasket. Maybe a little grain of sand got stuck inside the HE valve or crown, and couldn't screw down properly. Test frequently or risk being caught with your pants down. I mean, an $800+ servicing vs infrequent $8 pressure checks...

17. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 7, 2016

but then, why they have to write: 600m or 1200 and then fails?....i feel these fancy watches, the water resistant and Water Proof must be balanced

18. overlinjw Oct 8, 2016

That's like saying "my Aston Martin was really expensive so I must not have to change the oil." Every watch short of a g shock (?) requires maintenance work at some point. It's a little machine. I don't think I've ever seen a waterproof watch, only resistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeg@007 likes this.
  19. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 8, 2016

Thanks for the reply and heads-up :)

20. thatonewatchdude Oct 8, 2016

At the end of the day, Omega cannot speak for the watch while you own it. Nor is it not worth arguing about because you own it, they do not see what the timepiece is going through on a day to day basis. Everything especially watches has its kryptonite whether it be magnetism or shock even non omega watches are prone to those causes and thus the security of the watch is tampered with. Having a 6 pt check performed by Omega is free so why pass it up if the company is offering a complimentary service to you the consumer to ensure your watch will perform to its expectations.