Forums Latest Members
  1. ctpete Sep 12, 2016

Can't you ship it to Omega? Via DHL or UPS?

2. Longitude Sep 12, 2016

I feel your pain. I had condensation in my Aquaterra purchased in May while in Cancun vacation (not purchased there, just on vacation a few weeks after getting the watch), so I had to wait, shorter than you, to return to my city to have the watch fixed. It took about 3 weeks but the watch returned very well serviced and for free!. Yet, I can't help to think that this problem is because Omega outsources their cases and maybe also gaskets to China and looks like somebody is cutting corners there... Seriously, how Omega can ensure the cases and gaskets really meet the specs from so far away?, only pressure testing in a vacuum chamber without water is not a serious water resistant test for watches supposedly to resist 150M (mine) or much more?. If a little swim can do that, in a very recent watch, that tells me there is no way the watches could endure their rated depth!. Is Omega making poor cases with "nice" finishes only??.
    I need to jump to Rolex forums to see how often this happens to those watches...

Sent via Tapatalk

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 12, 2016

Please present evidence that Omega makes their cases in China...trotting this old horse out every time there is a quality issue is getting old.

And Omega tests every watch that is rated for more than 120 meters using the sort of test described in this thread...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/pressure-testing-a-watchco-sm300.45375/

I get that you are upset about your watch getting wet inside, but I can assure you that all makers have quality issues at one time or another, and making wild claims about where the cases are made or stating in error that they don't do tests that they actually do, doesn't help anyone.

Cheers, Al

4. Just Livin Sep 12, 2016

Just make sure you don't lose this watch on your next dive OK!

5. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Sep 12, 2016

I would like to see this evidence also. I have had 5 Omegas I take in the water regularly (2-3 times a week, 8-9 months out of the year) and I have never had an issue. I pressure test everything every year. So @Longitude if you can provide something to back your statements up, that would be great.

6. cdsdss Sep 12, 2016

I'm looking into that.

7. watchairy Sep 13, 2016

Please don't listen to the guy who recommends flushing the movement with fresh water

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jfo2010 likes this.
  8. cdsdss Sep 13, 2016

UPDATE: I found a Swatch Co. Service center in Jakarta which will clear the water out and clean it up as best they can, since a full servicing isn't possible at this time. Should take about 48 hours. Then once I get back to the States I can her well-and properly serviced (wait, that came out wrong...)

I'll keep you all apprised.

9. cdsdss Sep 14, 2016

So here is a new wrinkle. Today I got this email from the service center:

"Regarding the Service of your Omega Timepiece, service no. JB16-0002745, please be informed that during diagnose, our watchmaker has found that the color / finishing of the bracelet and the case of your watch is different. Originally, the case and bracelet of Omega ‘Seamaster Proffesional 600m (23230422101001)’ is satin, but the one that we receives is shiny on the bracelet and case, even though we still can see some part is still satin. Another founding is the shape of your Omega casing. There’s slightly shape changed due to polishing works."

Strange. I bought the watch from the Omega flagship store in Bangkok. I wonder why there are these anaomolies with the watch. Has anyone else encountered a situation like this?

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 14, 2016

How old is the watch? Has it ever been serviced? And I'll ask again - when was the last time you had it pressure tested?

11. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Sep 14, 2016

Very strange, I guess it was supposed to be brand new when you bought it? How long ago was that?

12. WiZARD Sep 14, 2016

If you check the photo in the first post, you can see, that the bracelet is very shiny.

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 14, 2016

That is normal for the bracelet. Just means you've worn it enough to make the brushed parts shiny.

The case part? If it had been polished at a service that makes sense.

14. cdsdss Sep 14, 2016

The watch was purchased new in 2014 from an Omega store. I've never had it serviced or pressure-tested, so I don't know why there would be alterations in the band or the case. Odd..

15. ctpete Sep 14, 2016

Just to be clear, you mean to say that you bought this watch directly from an Omega Boutique?

16. cdsdss Sep 14, 2016

17. speedbird Sep 14, 2016

Firstly, a pressure test needs to be an annual thing if you're going to swim with the watch. Before my big vacations I get mine tested, sometimes more than once a year. Overkill? Sure, but I'll take overkill and dry any day. These things are very expensive and have several fail points, so they need to be checked.

Have you ever used any sort of scratch removal cloth on your watch? Looks like someone went at it with a Cape Cod cloth or suchlike.

Nitzbar and WiZARD like this.
  18. cdsdss Sep 14, 2016

Nope, never used a scratch-removal cloth. I pretty much just put the thing on and go to work.

19. speedbird Sep 14, 2016

If you wear it daily and in harsher conditions, I could see the bracelet becoming less matte as the line work gets flattened out I guess. It does look a little shiny for being only 2 years old.

I have a 31 year old rolex which has never been polished and the bracelet has taken on a shiny patina, but that's 29 more years of wear than yours has

20. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Sep 15, 2016

I disagree... I would expect a 2 year old rather expensive watch that has a 600m waterproof rating to be fit for recreational swimming.

Factor in their 5 year service recommendation and I'd be Def pissed at omega...