Forums Latest Members
  1. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

So I traded my speedy hesalite for a PO XL 2500. I've always wanted one and I just didnt "love" the speedy . Great watch but....I'm a seamaster kinda guy i guess. Well 1 day after the trade the watch stopped working and I got really annoyed. Contacted the guy I made the trade with and he was just as surprised seeing that the watch got an overhaul 3 months ago.
    He was willing to take it back to his watchmaker and get this sorted out but given my busy lifestyle it was a hassle. So I removed the cover to see what's going on and noticed the balance wheel not moving and was stuck. Archer noticed a missing screw (messaged him about the issue) so I figured it wasnt screwed in properly and it fell off blocking the movement.
    So....I brought it to my watchmaker and he took a few screws off to see if he can see what's going on and then put the screws back(not in the same place) but left the balance wheel unscrewed which got unwound and now needs a new one and a complete overhaul.
    Silver lining is that I'm getting an overhaul and that the watch will come back to me good as new with a 2 year warranty. Sucks that I have to dish out money for a watch that just got a d overhaul but it is what it is. The previous watchmaker wasnt omega certified .
    I brought it to an omega service center here in Montreal and the turnaround is approx 4 weeks.
    I'm done ranting.
    Thanks for putting up with this post lol.

20200229_183442.jpg
    Foo2rama and DaveK like this.
  2. phcollard Mar 5, 2020

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Good news is when your watch comes back from Swatch Group it will be like new, inside and outside.

Edit: if I were you I'd try the original owner to cover his part of the service cost.

watch3s and 1st speedy like this.
  3. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

Was annoyed but at least getting it back in pristine condition.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 5, 2020

Good luck with that after the OPs watchmaker stuffed things up.

Dan S likes this.
  5. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

Just texted him. We'll see.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 5, 2020

Why don't you get your "watchmaker" to cough up part of the service cost?

watch3s, OmeGez, Caliber561 and 5 others like this.
  7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 5, 2020

You lost me here... The seller wanted to make it right and you were too busy. If you try to get money out of the seller you are crazy.

Readiness77, kwakjoe, vitriol and 7 others like this.
  8. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 5, 2020

How can I dislike a post? Well I sort of have now I reckon.

3rdstringholder and Faz like this.
  9. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

Honestly, I've thought about it and decided to have it done by " the pros" and sort it out once and for all. Imo, he shouldn't be working anymore. He's old and his hands shake a lot.
    He's been good to me and I agree, he screwed things up more than they were but I'm letting slide knowing itll be good as new soon.
    No time in my life to run after problems.
    It costs me money but less headaches this way.
    I just have to be careful with future purchases and trades.

Pazzo and wolfe44 like this.
  10. Faz Mar 5, 2020

Anything can happen in a well intentioned trade. Your trade partner tried to make good. That in itself Should not qualify as a "trade gone wrong". What went wrong is your unwillingness to work with your trade partner and have an incompetent watchmaker "look at it".. the ball is in your court.

Dan S likes this.
  11. Faz Mar 5, 2020

And since I'm in Montréal...please let me know who that watchmaker is so I can avoid the hel out of him.

12. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

I'm not trying to get money out of him. The overhaul was screwed to begin with so why would I want to bring it back to the same guy that screwed things up?
    I texted him telling him I'm bringing it to omega for the work since I don't want his watchmaker touching it again.

13. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

The seller is willing to make it right but I just want an omega certified watchmaker carry out the work. So I guess you're right, the title is wrong.

Faz likes this.
  14. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

Title changed lol.

15. Dan S Mar 5, 2020

Well, a screw fell out in transit, which isn't great, but these things can happen. You really don't know that the original overhaul was flawed or that his watchmaker is incompetent. We just know he made a mistake. The seller offered to make it right, and you were the one who decided to take matters into your own hands by taking the watch to a watchmaker that you KNOW to be incompetent. I don't think the seller owes you anything more.

16. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

I in no way blamed the seller for anything.
    I did decide to take it into my own hands.
    It costs me an overhaul but that's fine.
    That being said, seller no longer owes me anything and I'm cool with it. The situation was frustrating but ....C'est la vie!!!

DaveK and Dan S like this.
  17. phcollard Mar 5, 2020

Actually, after I read everything in detail, I am withdrawing my previous comment.

Dan S likes this.
  18. Dan S Mar 5, 2020

Good, I think I misread some of the posts and was under the impression you were going to ask the seller to share the service costs. :thumbsup:

1st speedy likes this.
  19. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

I hadn't seen him in a while and he was very good with everything I gave him so far.
    His time has come I guess.

20. 1st speedy Mar 5, 2020

Lesson of the day? Take your watch to an authorized omega watchmaker.