Forums Latest Members

Watchmaker Referrals wanted

1. 64Wing Jan 4, 2020

Hi all!

I've been thinking it's about time to have my Fortis Flieger Professional serviced.

To my knowledge, RGM in Pennsylvania is the only Fortis-approved service center in the US.

Firstly, is this accurate?
    Next: any major compelling reason to send it there vs a reputable watchmaker?
    Lastly: if for any real reason I shouldn't send it to them, to whom would you suggest I do send it?

Thank you!! I hope you're all having a smashing weekend

2. Syzygy Jan 4, 2020

Not sure where you are located, but I've been very happy with the work I've had done at The Watch Pocket Jewelers in Silver Spring MD. Might be worth at least calling and asking if they can service it.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 4, 2020

Where are you located? Is the dial, bezel, crown and hands still not needing replacement?

i assume it’s an eta 7750 model?

fortis and Sinn are both exclusively serviced via RGM. Though most fortis fliegers are 7750’s which is easy to get parts for.

4. 64Wing Jan 4, 2020

Thanks for the reply!

I am in Michigan.
    It is a 7751
    The pushers, crown, dial, hands, are all in fine shape. The crystal does have a scratch but it's minor.

It's been about 6 years since I bought it new. It does lose time more than I'd like. About a minute per day or more. It's possible it needs degaussing and regulating, but I figure it's probably a good idea to have it fully serviced since it sees a large amount of wrist time and some harsh environments.

My Miyota powered Lorier keeps much better time, though it is newer.

5. MtnBkr Jan 4, 2020

I use The Watchmaker in Stoneham, MA. Top notch folks!