Forums Latest Members

Watches, life and the last 12m

1. philh Apr 29, 2021

This is from a UK perspective and my own view on the madness that has been the last 12/15m
    I have bought 1 Seiko in the last 12 m and watch collection /appreciation is why I joined so in those terms a poor year
    I have viewed this site most days, some times depressed due to infection rates some times up beat due to the opposite.
    Various countries have put forward different strategies and been argumentative of alternatives
    But my appreciation of my involvement in this site has been the real view of members I have learnt to respect regarding their experiences.
    This ranges from the guys who posted about New York in the early days to the Australian /New Zealand approach and now the various vaccination systems.
    We all still face God knows what challenges but I think by and large as a community of opinionated and dogmatic individuals we have weirdly helped one another.
    I know you have helped me so thank you

Stewart A, Peemacgee, Spruce and 11 others like this.
  2. wagudc Apr 29, 2021

I think most of us here can relate. Lots of trials and community.

Spruce likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 30, 2021

Last 12m not many watches, a lot of PPE at work plenty of outside appreciation due to a 10 day and 14 day hotel quarantine stint on a recent work trip to the US. Not been that much of a issue outside of work with no masks or lockdown due to all cases being in Quarantine and no community transmission.
    Daily challenge at work being in front of the front line but nothing that I haven’t been doing in one way or another be it animal, plant or human health.

Visited here a bit throughout and as always fun to interact with all. Still enjoy the banter and great people I have met over the last nearly 10 years. Plenty of new watch focus nowadays but still plenty of the vintage stuff for us vintage guys.

And we are still the Ice Hockey world champions

Emeister and UncleBuck like this.