Forums Latest Members
  1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 24, 2013

A couple of days ago a surprise package dropped through the letterbox.
    A gift from a very good friend who I met through this hobby or whatever we chose to call it. When I say met we have only ever conversed via the keyboard but through time you can tell you have a good mate. His experience is far greater than mine will ever be but help and advice is given freely and with no expectation of anything in return.
    I started out with pocket watches, great to play around with when your fingers are like a pound of sausages :), and he hadn't forgotten.
    A brief description and a few snaps -
    Waltham Riverside Grade 1894 size 12. 19 jewels, and with what I particularly like with some Walthams a Star Wheel or Church regulator, Waltham did have a few different regulators perhaps the "whip" being the most admired.
    The movement is what I have always termed a swing out but I am sure there is a proper term.
    Case is gold filled and manufactured by the the Crescent Watch Case Co.
    All in all to me a beautiful piece in nice condition and littered with service marks and of course how it has come to be in my keep is the icing on the cake.

IMG_4264.jpg IMG_4257.JPG IMG_4255.JPG IMG_4253.jpg IMG_4251.jpg IMG_4250.jpg IMG_4247.jpg

Alpenschneerot and Hijak like this.
  2. Hijak Aug 24, 2013

What a good friend you have there! Just beautiful piece...that movement shot::love:: And that inscription on the back looks incredible:thumbsup:

3. Dablitzer Aug 24, 2013

Very nice ! And lovely photos.. That dial is in amazing condition! :thumbsup:

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 24, 2013

Thanks guys, I have to confess I felt quite humbled when I received the package.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 24, 2013

A wonderful friend indeed.

Love the regulator.