Forums Latest Members

Watches After service checks, What is your routine?

1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jun 5, 2017

Speaking for myself I wear the watch for several days. Checking for time keeping and all the functions of the watch function as they should. My most recent watch that came out of service a Union Glashutte ETA 7753 came out of service several days ago.
    I wore the watch for two days with the chrono running -3 seconds per day. Then I wore the watch for two days without the chrono running -2 seconds per day. At night I set the watch on my night stand with the crown up position. .
    I stopped the and reset the chrono several times everything worked fine and reset to zero. The results IMHO are very good and I'm done with my half a$$ checks.
    What are your checks after picking up a watch that has been repaired/serviced?

Edited Jun 5, 2017
    tapaptpat and Mad Dog like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 5, 2017

Week on the wrist and checks against Watchville timekeeper.

tapaptpat, voere and Mad Dog like this.
  3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 5, 2017

Flight check!

Check! :thumbsup:

Double check! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Triple check! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IMG_5780.JPG

voere, Spacefruit, ras47 and 4 others like this.
  4. amphib44 Jun 5, 2017

A bit of thread hijack, sorry.
    I had my '85 Speedmaster serviced last month by an independent watchmaker. It came back looking nice, but stopped at around 9:30 the first night I had it back. Reset the time, and hoped for the best, but it stopped again the next night at around the same time.
    The watchmaker has it back, but I'm wondering if the Speedmaster runs on a 24 hour cycle, or a 12 hour cycle. Weird that it would stop at nearly the same time 2 nights in a row...

tapaptpat likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 5, 2017

Were any of the hands touching each other? There's not a ton of extra room between all the hands, and sometimes if one hand isn't pressed on far enough, or is bent up to clear the dial slightly, etc. it can cause hand interference issues. Right after I service one of these I set the time, fully wind it, turn the chronograph on and let it run. I make sure it runs for at least 12 hours so every single hand has a chance to go around once and pass the other hands at least once.

Hopefully they will sort it out and if it is the hands it should be a simple fix.

Cheers, Al

tapaptpat, amphib44 and Mad Dog like this.
  6. ras47 Jun 5, 2017

Perhaps I'm too trusting, but I've only gone to Omega ADs for service and I have never been let down. I get a watch back, strap it on, and I'm straight. I occasionally check the time of the watch vs. my iPhone, but I've never seen any variation that would alarm me. I do this every couple days anyway, so it's just routine. I used to sweat any lack of hyper-accuracy, being the anal-retentive type, but I got over it somehow.

ahartfie, tapaptpat and Mad Dog like this.
  7. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jun 5, 2017

Check, Double check, Triple check, Sounds like a turn and burn to me.

Edited Jun 5, 2017
    tapaptpat and Mad Dog like this.
  8. amphib44 Jun 5, 2017

I didn't really look at the hands, but if they were making contact somehow, wouldn't that be a problem every 12 hours, as you point out, and not every 24? anyway, I'm hoping to have it back this week. should be interesting to see what the issue was.

tapaptpat likes this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 5, 2017

Last watch was serviced by Al @Archer so no need to check anything besides the good job he done on the dial issue for me :D

ahartfie and tapaptpat like this.