Forums Latest Members
  1. Evose Jun 4, 2021

I've been researching which winder/case to purchase for my collection. I currently have a Heiden, below:
    upload_2021-6-4_23-27-7.jpeg
    Really like the quality but need something that holds 6-8 watches. There is an 8 holder version but it's roughly $1,100 and for that money I wonder if Wolf is a better option. You can typically find 6-8 on eBay auctions selling at that price range, granted they're used but you're purchasing quality that retails for double the price at times.

I would prefer a more vertical orientation as I'm transitioning my watches from my office to the bedroom, something I can display on my nightstand so space could be an issue — this is where Heiden is preferable over Wolf, as seemingly all of their models are wide, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. I'm sure some of you might have a similar setup.

Figured I'd ask the community, what is everyone using? I have a traditional case as well but see it as more storage than display. Maybe a combination of winder/case could be neat — bit cheaper but still has the option to charge my automatics.

2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 4, 2021

You’ll find that it is pretty split with people for and against them. If you copy/paste this into Google (minus the quotes)

“site:Omegaforums.net watch winder”

You will find all of the discussions on OF regarding watch winders for what people use and why they do or don’t use them. You can change the copy/paste text to include brand names or specific winders to provide more specific threads as well.

Edited Jun 4, 2021
    YY77 and DaveK like this.
  3. Evose Jun 5, 2021

Appreciate the direction — I tried searching and didn't find much but a google search with your suggested string brought up what I'm looking for. Thanks!

4. Motik Jun 5, 2021

Not an answer to your question, but wouldn't a winder on your nightstand make enough noise, at night when everything else is silent, to disturb you?

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 5, 2021

I got rid of my winders….

If I had a perpetual I might still use one.

Omegafanman likes this.
  6. Evose Jun 5, 2021

I have mild tinnitus, not sure what silent feels like anymore.

Motik likes this.
  7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 5, 2021

Two things.. My very expensive and very quiet Orbita winders were quickly banished from the bedroom. Sound drove both me and Mrs S crazy. Second, first place a burglar goes is the bedroom. Just sayin.

8. Nadiac Jun 21, 2021

You could find online quality watch winder with 6-8 slots under the $1000. If you consider to invest in multiple automatic watches, I recommend the winder with extra storage case.