Forums Latest Members
  1. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 3, 2016

There is a time to kick back and be satisfied with the state of the collection. This is it for me for a while. I've bought way too many this year. Spa visits for a couple watches in my collection for which I have no service history are a priority. These are never small bills.

GuiltyBoomerang and watchthirst like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 4, 2016

#fail

SpeedTar likes this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 4, 2016

I told my girlfriend that all the girls at Omega had a Speedmaster on wrist during the #SpeedyTuesday event.

Guess what? ::facepalm1::

Jwit, ahartfie, watchthirst and 3 others like this.
  4. SpeedTar Nov 4, 2016

#fail? ::facepalm2::

Riviera Paradise and kov like this.
  5. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 4, 2016

Note to myself : always think before talk :whipped:

6. Chrono_man Nov 4, 2016

It's disease with practically no cure! I do find myself having to curb back some instincts to buy at times. What I find works is just put off the opportunities when they come up and just remember, more will definitely come up in the future. Deep breaths, a few sleeps and then the urge goes away. I've really had to work on controlling my watch buying impulses. Despite it all, best hobby ever...

Frederic_gva likes this.
  7. ossfm Nov 4, 2016

I've had to make myself stay away from the WRUW and What Did You Buy. Those are dangerous. The members here buy such nice pieces there is no way to not like them. I've bought 5 watches in 10 months. I have to quit for a while.

If the urge comes up again, it will have to be satiated with straps or an extract from the archives. I do want both of those.

If that doesn't work, maybe I'll change up the rotation. Right now I wear every watch every week. Another way to say it is I have 5 and it it takes me 5 days to wear each of them. I've heard some people wear 1 watch for a week and then change watches for the next week. We'll see.

After the last purchase, I told my wife "I'm surprised you didn't put up more of a fight." She replied, "That just means I get what I want come Black Friday. I'm getting a new washer/dryer."

Larry S, Jwit, ahartfie and 1 other person like this.
  8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 4, 2016

If she does all the laundry, I take that trade all day long.

:)

Jwit, ossfm, ahartfie and 3 others like this.
  9. Frederic_gva Nov 4, 2016

It really sounds like tje watch anonyms.... I love some of the comments... My wife asks why I am laughing on my own.... I'd better not tell...

We are all in deep water...::facepalm2::

SpeedTar likes this.
  10. Cortezthekiller Nov 5, 2016

I've got 6 vintage, 5 of which I wear daily depending on my clothes. With gold, brown, black, green and silver dial watches, I can match any suit and tie combo I own. I will also be looking for a blue dial and white dial watch to cover all configurations. One of these two will be an all gold model, most likely.

My Flightmaster is a weekend only watch along with a Seiko SKX-007 and 5 micro brands. Three of the 5 micros are diving watches and four have black dials. I have a tough time wearing these enough, yet I keep buying more. The justification is that they are always under $1000. I mostly use these on vacation so that I can swim without risk and also won't care if they are lost or stolen. Because of this, they are mostly out of sight in a watch roll.

At some point, these will be consolidated into a few vintage weekenders and a couple of modern divers for swimming. Until then, the sickness continues.

ossfm likes this.
  11. Egatdagi Nov 5, 2016

Go nuts with straps. Kind of Kojak sucking lollipops instead of smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 5, 2016

I have no idea what this thread is about.

Jwit likes this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 5, 2016

Therapy? Enablement? Guilt?

14. jban Nov 5, 2016

The cure could be fatal. Treat the symptoms.

15. jban Nov 5, 2016

To put it another way: when you look at cheese the only thing that should come to mind is, "no whey."

ahartfie and Jwit like this.
  16. Mad Cow Nov 26, 2019

a virus is how I was started, still infexted too!

17. Watchout312 Nov 27, 2019

My wife trolls my Instagram from time to time, “ did you buy a new watch” (angry voice). My response “ are you crazy, I bought a new strap for an old watch”. Works all the time!

durri70 likes this.
  18. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 27, 2019

horological immunodeficiency virus ... aka HIV ... aka Just-can’t-stop-buying-dat-shit ...

::rimshot::

kov and M'Bob like this.
  19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 27, 2019

Wait to you find a Omega watch you bought 2 years ago in the back of the draw that has the placemats in, that you had completely forgotten about because it came with another watch parcel that day in a week you received 5 watches. ;)

20. asrnj77 Nov 29, 2019

I thought this thread was something else when I opened it. I was thinking “watch virus” would look something like this..

EF866CDF-1A0E-4CCA-B4CC-398B1337DEA6.jpeg