Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Aug 26, 2016

I was searching for a strap to compliment this Omega in the picture. Since the watch is at the watchmaker having a new crystal and crown installed. I figure a new strap is in order for the watch. I could have easily dropped several hundred in a high end strap. However every time I purchase high end straps. I wind up having buyers remorse. Then think to myself dumb A$$.
    I went with a flat stitched black strap in leather. Simple strap to compliment the watch. I did not want to take away from the look of watch with a high end crocodile or other exotic strap. Any thoughts on strap selections. On some watches I go with high end and some I try to keep it simple Speaking for myself sometimes less is more Do you go with high end or simple inexpnsive straps?

30t2rg.jpg anws.jpg
  2. alam Aug 26, 2016

Consider staying in the middle of the low-high end road; I'd strap that watch w/a nice brown croc; preferably matte, not as glossy as the one pictured. Personally, I would not consider the simple strap you are showing for that watch. BTW, nice watch :thumbsup: !

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 26, 2016

There are very nice and "high end" looking straps that are inexpensive (and casual looking straps that are expensive because they're made to order).

For the watch you posted, I prefer the croc style strap in the first picture because it's shiny, flat, and it doesn't have stitching. The stitching in the lower strap looks too casual IMHO.

But I'm sure a shiny flat strap can be found at a moderate price.
    Good examples, depending on what you like:

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p23065h118s849-Watch-strap-Aal-20mm.html
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-p13204h118s849-Watch-band-Diamond-C.html

Edited Aug 26, 2016
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 26, 2016

I like to keep it simple as well. I happen to like the watchbands from KelaranUSA.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Wristwatch-...mrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=soulsis78556h&_sop=15Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

These are the people with nice crocodile bands starting around $20 and alligators at $30. But I prefer the calfskin leather ones that start at $10. They tend to be a bit easier to break in.
    gatorcpa

ConElPueblo and kyle L like this.
  5. ConElPueblo Aug 26, 2016

I buy these in bulk, helped by my shipping agent in the US, @Andy K :D

I really like plain, no-nonsense straps on vintage watches - that's usually what they were sold with to begin with and it supplements the style perfectly, IMO.

Andy K likes this.
  6. fjf Aug 26, 2016