Forums Latest Members
  1. Danwales Jun 11, 2021

20210607_114106.jpg My job takes me around the country and London aside most cities have the same old high street jewellers selling the usual suspect brands. This week however I was in the historic city of York and was heartened to find several jewellers selling watches from brands such as grand seiko, jaeger lecoutre, Breguet and others. If your UK based its a great city to visit.

2. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Jun 11, 2021

I agree but there is a full UK northern contingent on OF who know this already. Just ask @chunkythebulldog

noelekal likes this.
  3. Danwales Jun 11, 2021

Not a problem. It was news to me.

Stripey likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jul 5, 2021

It's an amazing city to visit full stop if you can navigate the hordes of tourists. England's loveliest city, and no I am not a Yorkshireman....

Danwales and noelekal like this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 5, 2021

I'm not even in the UK and I find York to be the loveliest of cities. Used to be good used book shops in York before Ebay came along and made old books "antiquarian." This one came from York.

[​IMG]

Danwales, timecube and Edward53 like this.
  6. CPRwatch Jul 5, 2021

I’m off to York tomorrow for a several night stay ,& looking forward to a good browse around for watches and records .

noelekal likes this.
  7. Danwales Jul 6, 2021

I work as a bus driver and guide covering most of england and Wales and yes York is one of my favourite places to go to. Some nice excursions to the Dale's and Whitby very close bye too. For beer and ale fans I can recommend a pub called " The house of Trembling Madness".

noelekal likes this.