Forums Latest Members
  1. fryingtonite Jan 31, 2020

Good Morning fine people of OF,

A colleague of mine (no really) spotted my Omega and started telling me about a watch he had inherited from his Grandfather. It's a quartz Deville and has the appearance of a 70's watch. I did a bit of googling and found similar images but nothing exactly the same.

He did get the battery changed but never thought to take any pictures of the interior or case back and he is reluctant to let an amateur (me) open it and I think that is very wise.

From these pictures, does anyone have an opinion as to model or year of manufacture?

Many thanks in advance,
    Tab2.jpg Tab1.jpg

Tim

2. MRC Jan 31, 2020

I think it is going to be in the MD 196.xxxx family with a 1342 movement. Late 1970s to early 1980s. But I can't find another DeVille without that printed on the dial. Your friend is going to have to ask a watchmaker to take the back off again and then photograph the movement and the inside of the back. Omega's on-line records are rather patchy, especially of photos to try to match the case.

Edited Jan 31, 2020
  3. Professor Feb 1, 2020

All I can add is that I saw one of these , or very similar, for sale on Ebay, the seller was Japanese. I got the impression that this model was made for the Asian market, but that was only an Impression.
    I posted a query on OF but posted in the wrong thread, I asked if it was a fake in the thread on reporting fakes, and lost interest before getting any useful reply. Not really my style.

4. fryingtonite Feb 2, 2020

Thanks guys have suggested the case is opened.

Tim