Forums Latest Members
  1. ssergiopaezz Dec 1, 2017

hi I found this watch in a box lol, I really love it's design I just wanted to know if it is real or not, and if it is real maybe the year these were made and the any other names it may have

.....also the straps I bought and added separately , the watch was strapless when I found it.

All I know is that it's self winding , a sea master, and it seems to have a super small stamp of a crocodile on the side. ...also it looks to be solid gold...it has like two deep scratches on the back and it looks to be gold even deep inside the scratch ....Thanks for the help :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  2. omegasaso12 Dec 1, 2017

Cant help without opening caseback, but I know if you found box with that kind of watch (or 2) every month you do not need to own bitcoins :).

Its original omega with a nice style dial as far as I see. For rest you need numbers from inside of caseback.

3. ConElPueblo Dec 1, 2017

Congratulations on a pretty great find :)

Am I right in saying that it measures around 36mm in diameter (not including crown)? If so, it is a solid gold Omega Seamaster ref. 2657/2494, a "Jumbo" as the more ordinary versions are around 2mm smaller. The movement will probably be a cal. 354, a solid Omega movement.

It is always a bit difficult to gauge the textured dials, as the script can appear wonky due to the surface, but it is my belief that the dial on this one has been refinished at some point, which is a pretty big detraction re. value.

You should take a few pictures in natural lighting, it'll bring out the good looks better :thumbsup:

4. ConElPueblo Dec 1, 2017

And by the way...

Excellent strap pairing!

dall-houston likes this.
  5. Canuck Dec 1, 2017

A crocodile? There is no stamping on Swiss gold cases of a crocodile. That is, if the case is gold, and Swiss. If there is any grunge in that mark, clean it out, and look at it magnified. Then compare it to the Swiss gold marks found here, and let us know what you find. If Swiss, and gold, I would expect to see a bust of Helvetica, a squirrel, or a morning star (flower).

http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/swisshallmarks.php#gold

Thanks to the folks that hosted the site showing the Swiss precious metal stampings.

6. habrisbane Dec 1, 2017

Open the case back, pls. It is beautiful .

7. Temprus Dec 2, 2017

Nice watch, should be the hammer movement. Look like the dial was cleaned. The lacquer was removed. The luminous dots was applied. Hands look relumed.

8. SwissZ Dec 2, 2017

Dial has been refinished, the capital S shape in Seamaster is not supposed to be round like that

9. fjf Dec 2, 2017

...plus the minutes ticks around 4 are a disaster...