Forums Latest Members

Watch for wife and dealing with high street retailers

1. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Jan 1, 2017

Happy New Year all!

We're immenently expecting our second child and naturally, whilst thinking of a "push" present, I came round to a watch...

Obviously because it would be a fantastic present that would be timeless and could be kept for a lifetime. Maybe also a little bit in order to satisfy my craving to buy a watch.

She really likes the small face omega de ville, it's quartz but makes sense given her small wrist size.

I had a couple of questions really:

Any thoughts on an alternative (brand or model)?
    Any views as to how hard you can negotiate with a high street retailer (this one has to be new)?

Thanks in advance and again, hope you all had a fantastic new year...

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 1, 2017

You can't go wrong getting her what SHE likes - if it's the DeVille, then it's perfect.

If you want to show her some other watches before decide, plenty of options, Omega and otherwise in the same price range. ;)

Go to a smaller AD, not an Omega boutique, and you might be surprised at the discount you can get.

jcmartinez98 and hamster like this.
  3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jan 1, 2017

I'm with Darlinboy on this. When I bought a watch for my wife a number of years ago, I had her pick out exactly what she wanted. She's been wearing it every day since.

hamster likes this.
  4. Huus Jan 1, 2017

Let her pick the watch and if she is happy with the DeVille then so be it.
    Remember, happy wife happy life.
    And congratulations with the little one. Post some pictures of the watch and baby when time has come.

hamster likes this.
  5. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Jan 1, 2017

Haha, thanks for the responses and will do! Happy to go with what she wants but until I forced her into trying a couple of others, she was set on a tag aquaracer. I like omega because of the prestige and history (rather than just being an expensive watch because the manufacturer says so) so just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about other brands of a similar pedigree that it might be worth her trying!

6. ctime3 Jan 1, 2017

Congrats I bought my wife a quartz deville too for a push present. She loves it

hamster likes this.