Forums Latest Members

Watch events in/near Colorado?

1. MtnMarine Oct 23, 2020

I apologize in advance as I still consider myself a Noob. I've only been "collecting" a few years. I was at my local AD (Denver) a few weeks ago and they were having their annual watch showcase weekend and I was unable to attend. Does anyone know about other events in/near Colorado? I know everything is still very COVID dependent but if there are annual events or anything like that, I would like to plan ahead and try to attend. Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dan S Oct 23, 2020

As you probably know, there is a meetup group in Denver, which may be the group you are referring to; I think it's called the Denver Watch Enthusiasts. It seems to be run out of Oster Jewelers in Cherry Creek. There is also a Denver RedBar group, which you can find on IG and join by email. I've gone to each of those once, but they didn't really interest me. There are NAWWC events, which are usually interesting, but the Fall Regional in Golden is canceled this year. It was going to be this weekend. You might want to join the NAWCC and your local chapter to connect with local collectors. My local chapter normally has monthly lunch GTGs with about 15 people typically attending, but now we are doing it by zoom and the turnout is smaller. Until COVID, I also organized a monthly happy hour for a small group of collectors, but I haven't made an effort to do it online and I don't plan to start.

MtnMarine likes this.
  3. MtnMarine Oct 24, 2020

Thanks Dan! I actually didn’t know about any of these groups. I don’t belong to any social media so this is super helpful! I will do some research this afternoon. Great info!

4. Dan S Oct 24, 2020

5. MtnMarine Oct 24, 2020

Thanks Dan! Super helpful!