Forums Latest Members
  1. MellyVinelli Dec 1, 2012

Hi all,

I just bought a seamaster deville 166.020 with cal. 562. I didn't realize the hate for redialed until after I had already bought it and started browsing forums. Yes it was the Don Draper effect unfortunately...guilty as charged. But I still want to ask a question about the crystal.

It comes with a new domed crystal but without the rectangular magnifier over the date. Frei offers crystals both with and without and I'm not sure if its simply personal preference or if dates are supposed to have a rectangular date window on the crystal. I haven't received it yet and this is something I have overlooked.

It is stainless steel so I assume it should have the white tension ring. Any help would be wonderful. Once I receive it I will update and post some photos.

Thanks in advance.

2. ulackfocus Dec 1, 2012

The regular crystal without the magnifier is the standard for Seamaster De Villes from that period AFAIK.

3. MellyVinelli Dec 1, 2012

So then which is the magnifier glass made for?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 1, 2012

I think they were optional for customers who wanted the magnifier. A good Omega AD at the time would have a small stock of them and could swap them out quickly.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa