Forums Latest Members
  1. vholicek Mar 26, 2015

Hello,
    My friend and I have spent the last several months designing a watch case. We are looking for some objective feedback on our designs and thought we'd ask you guys for help.

We've submitted a patent pending on the mechanism behind clicking your watch in to place - which is not visible in the screenshots. We're working on a design patent as well. Some of the materials we will be using include carbon fiber, chrome highlighting, wood, leather, and we are open to any suggestions you have.

Any comments on the following would be really appreciated.
    1) Aesthetics 2) Cost 3) Function

Link to the screenshots is below.
    http://imgur.com/a/d6zra#6

Also, a bonus gif to show how the case will be opening.
    http://makeagif.com/8OjKL_

29.png 16.png 12.png 14.png 6.png
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 26, 2015

Could it be a watch winder option or just a display case?

3. SeanO Mar 26, 2015

If you can't stack it you probably won't sell many.

4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Mar 26, 2015

I like the wood grain with aluminum accents. Gives it a Scandinavian modern feel which I like.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2015

Yea agree on the stacking issue, 3 watches won't go very far with the majority of collectors on here.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 26, 2015

Easy solution. Make the case slightly taller and install a pull-out drawer under the main display case. Probably can fit another 4 to 6 watches on straps folded flat under there.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

7. vholicek Mar 26, 2015

It does help... Thanks Gatorcpa

Please keep the comments coming.

We like the Scandinavian look too!

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2015

Too bulky as it is now.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2015

How about taller with a rotating wheel with 4 watches per spindle, sort of like a ferriswheel.

10. vholicek Mar 26, 2015

We are working on shrinking it down as much as possible while being able to maintain the opening mechanism. Since the watches do extend out as the cover comes up, there needs to be enough overhead room so they do not clip the cover.

It will be quite a bit smaller than what you see in those renders.

We are however considering added the shelf below - this has been a common suggestion.

11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 26, 2015

If the mechanism is just to open the case and not to wind then I don't get it. If it is a winder I do get it.

Nice clean design but for that idea i think I would work on costume design for furniture, in other words build it into a closet or cabinet. Otherwise it would just bug me to not just flip it open.

Last thing is security. Watches are valuable (some very valuable) so where would these case go. I can fit 20+ watches on my current case, which fits into my safe nicely. I would need 5 or 6 of yours to do that and I don't think that'll fit in any safe.