Forums Latest Members
  1. Matty1 Apr 25, 2019

its a bit of a random worry, but all the omega watch boxes come in a nice presentational outer box that also holds the manual etc. There always appears to be some form of foam protecting the inner box etc. In past experience this type of foam will deteriate in around 10 years or so and I have seen it turn into a sticky mess. Do you think this is likely to happen here? Would rather not ruin the actual watch box.

Otee453 likes this.
  2. ericmtl Apr 25, 2019

Best bet it also has to do where you keep your box, stored in a dark , dry place helps , most of time boxes were kept in basement or the back of a closet where it might have been humid, I tend to put my watch back in the box when I am not wearing it so , It forces me to take out the box to ''breath'' here and there.

Otee453 likes this.
  3. queriver Apr 25, 2019

I keep desiccant packs in the boxes to absorb moisture. Like this:
    [​IMG]

ericmtl likes this.
  4. bz0123 Apr 25, 2019

I don't think the outer box was ever designed for keeping long term, but people keep everything. I still have the plastic straps from my Mark II.

5. Matty1 Apr 25, 2019

That what I was thinking. It is not the cardboard shipping box but and box made of stiff card with foam protecting the actual watch box. Like the moonwatch presentation box. I’ve separated them now as foam can be a nightmare long term.

6. hbombkid Apr 26, 2019

cool dark place way to go. No clue where my watch box was kept from 2005 to 2018 (when I got it) The box is actually in great condition including the foam inside now the red box its junk. Peeling all over the place, stained the inner box, warranty card etc.

I dont care as I do not wear the box, but I was thinking of maybe buying the wooden box and turning it into a small watch holder. I saw one that someone did with the big black box. They took the insides out and turned it into a nice watch holder. It looked really good.