Forums Latest Members
  1. ATracyWatches Sep 5, 2018

Hi everyone, I wanted to let the community know that I have started a new watch related blog. I know what you're thinking, another watch blog is just what the world needs. I agree it doesn't. That is why this one aims to be different. We are an education forward blog that is aiming to help students, enthusiasts, and collectors to understand and enjoy the intricate side of watchmaking. We will give in-depth how to's showing tasks to be performed at home such as link removal, spring bar removal, understanding timing machine results and so on. We will also feature honest reviews of watches that are not funded by advertising dollars, interesting historical perspectives and guests posts from authors. If you have a subject you are particularly interested in and want to learn more about it drop me a line at [email protected] and we can look into an article for the site.
    You can check out the blog in its infancy stages over at https://www.ashtontracy.ca/horological-insider

sdre, queriver, OWa and 7 others like this.
  2. Nathan1967 Sep 5, 2018

Thanks Ashton - looking forward to having a read!

3. proximal Sep 5, 2018

When will your blog's limited edition Speedmaster become available?

4. jzzmusician Sep 6, 2018

Ouch!

5. donashby Sep 6, 2018

In ten years of course, with luck!

6. SteveShepherd Sep 11, 2018

I have just had a read of your blog, specifically the section on resizing bracelets. I’ve been away from the watch scene for a couple of years so I was a bit rusty when it came to performing this task. In the past, the screws on Rolex bracelets were usually not Loctited in place quite so efficiently as those on my Speedmaster Pro. Your tip about using the blue part of the flame of a normal cigarette lighter was dead on. 5-6 seconds and the screws were easy to remove and the whole process only took me about 10minutes. ( In my defence, I’m old and my eyes weren’t what they used to be). I now have a correctly sized bracelet that sits prettty evenly on my wrist without sliding all over the place. Thank you for such an informative blog, especially so for people like myself who only perform these tasks very occasionally. Your instructions were, clear, precise and easy to follow. Well done on a very useful piece!

Best,

Steve

ATracyWatches likes this.
  7. ATracyWatches Sep 13, 2018

Hey Steve, thanks very much for the feedback! I’m really glad you liked it. There are so many blog articles out there that review the same old thing I wanted something a little more helpful.

Regards,
    Ashton

SteveShepherd and sdre like this.
  8. sdre Sep 13, 2018

Thanks I think its a good read because it covers quite abit of useful information.

I like it.