Forums Latest Members

Watch arrived home. Thoughts on my new Polerouter Sub

1. durri70 Sep 4, 2020

Hello to all, I am about to buy this beautiful Sub second generation ref. 869109/01 and wanted to share some pics (not very clear ones but that's what I have, I do have a video but unfortunately we can't share video here). The guy says that bought it new, so I hope he tells me more about the watch once I meet him. About the bracelet I do have doubts as it's not a Guy Freres but it's signed Universal Geneve plus says made in USA... any one knows about it? I looked around and this bracelets seems to fit more on the UG Supercompressor than in the Polerouter Sub ??
    Dial it's in great shape along with bezel and case that seems to be unpolished! what are your thoughts ?
    Case I will have it open once in my hands, supposed to be caliber 69, I checked all info at https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guides/universal-geneve-polerouter-sub/
    Thanks a lot and sorry for the poor pics but that's what I got so far.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Duracuir1, noelekal and FREDMAYCOIN like this.
  2. Diabolik Sep 4, 2020

Case looks sharp and agree, it is very good without signs of polishing. I cannot see a reference or serial on back. However, they are difficult to spot as they are feathered on. End links on bracelet are too small. I have never seen that kind of bracelet on a Polerouter sub or any other UG but happy to be corrected. I expect that it is a generic bracelet which has had a UG buckle fitted on it. Apart from that, i would not consider it as mint but it is in good condition ...

WhereMadnessLies likes this.
  3. WhereMadnessLies Sep 4, 2020

Here is another Sub with that bracelet on. I too have no idea if it is correct but the article mentions that is was fitted to watches delivered to the USA. Having two watches (I'm assuming here that they are not the same watch due to the different condition of bezel) with the same bracelet would suggest a pattern but I'd want to see more examples before ruling out shenanigans.

https://chronographes.net/shop/universal-geneve-polerouter-sub-ref-869109-01/

img_9394.jpeg

img_0002.jpeg

img_0001.jpeg

4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Sep 4, 2020

Mint? Really?

janice&fred and BlackTalon like this.
  5. jumpingsecond Sep 4, 2020

The bracelet is legit imo- I have one too. It's a champion bracelet for UG US market.
    It came on a '67 aero-compax 890101 for me and I think could've been the original bracelet for that watch.
    20190527_093658.jpg

6. janice&fred Sep 4, 2020

While the pictures are lousy, I still suspect those lugs have had a makeover. Case back and bezel show obvious damage as well. I suppose the OP will know for sure once closely examining the thing and not the end of the world unless he is convinced it is in mint condition and has to pay a mint price.

Diabolik likes this.
  7. durri70 Sep 4, 2020

Well may be I didn’t use the correct word and should say very good condition . Dial looks great to me on the video , bezel quite good comparing with the ones I have seen online, bracelet : I am very happy to see other OF members with same bracelet :)
    Price I’ll pay is quite fair and happy to get the watch very soon , then I’ll make proper pics and share then here
    Thanks

8. miramogge Sep 4, 2020

That bracelet goes well with this sub. Even if it’s not original I’d keep it on ;)

9. Diabolik Sep 4, 2020

Yes, pics are lousy. I think it is the same watch. Easy way to find out is to compare serials but I don't see any trace of reference or serial on both examples. The case back defects that seems to be similar on both (a few rounded wrench tool slots). As far as bezel goes, it is easy enough to replace.

I am struggling with that bracelet. End links are a crap fit and no reference on them. It could be a champion bracelet band and may have been sold with UGs but it is not a good fit for the Polerouter Sub !

On close examination, it is definitely not mint. Best to request some better pics and have a good look at it ...

durri70 likes this.
  10. durri70 Sep 4, 2020

Why you say about changing the bezel ? Bezel is correct . Serial number and reference are visible on the back case :
    2405XXX. 869109/01
    Seller never said is mint , I’m the one lol

11. durri70 Sep 4, 2020

Already changed the Title of the post and delete: mint

12. bgrisso Sep 4, 2020

I don't know much about these but it looks to be very good condition, and I think the bracelet looks cool. Perhaps you can get different end links for a better fit? I prefer the symmetrical cases on these, although it sure does make for a massive crown!

Duracuir1 likes this.
  13. durri70 Sep 4, 2020

Symmetrical or asymmetrical the watch looks great

14. durri70 Sep 6, 2020

:)

15. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

Finally the watch with me, condition is excellent from my point of view. I couldn't make pics of the caliber 69 or the interior of the case back. I met the seller at my watchmaker so he opened the watch to check that the caliber was in good shape and the case back was stamped by UG, no chance to ask him for pics as the seller was there waiting. Once I make the service I will make pictures on the caliber.
    here are the pictures of the watch, waiting for your comments, thanks

16. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

17. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

18. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

19. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

20. durri70 Sep 8, 2020

Woops, noelekal, Wuza72 and 5 others like this.