Forums Latest Members
  1. No.15 Aug 26, 2017

I have a question for those of you that know about how Omega handles its warranty.

I am looking to purchase a used Omega that had the warranty card stamped by an AD but it is not dated. There is no receipt from the AD.

If an issue arose, can anyone predict how difficult a situation that would put me in? Watch was made in 2015 and I think it has a 4 year warranty.

Edited Aug 26, 2017
  2. emilio Aug 26, 2017

I know in the past people never filled in the date on their warranty card.

Just waited till it broke and then wrote down a date which was only a year prior to the date it broke down.

Very curious what the legal status is of these handwritten dates and how you as a private individual have to prove the date of sales.

Any lawyers out there?

3. watchos Aug 27, 2017

A separate question but related to the warranty: if one opens the case back during the warranty period, does it become void?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 27, 2017

Considering they are moving towards everything gets entered into the system when sold it will soon be a moot point.

5. cvera Aug 27, 2017

I believe it does become voided. My local watchmaker gave that advice.

I also called omega in New York when I bought a new watch from a California AD two years ago. I wanted to make sure my warranty cards would be valid since the salesman wrote the date somewhat sloppy, they asked me to have a copy of the receipt showing the date if I ever sent it in.

Just my experience, others might be different.

watchos likes this.