Forums Latest Members
  1. pixnw Nov 17, 2016

Can anyone tell me if an Omega warranty is valid if a person buys a watch from an AD with an undated international warranty card and then at some point in the future they sell that watch and date the card (and are not an AD themselves), does the person that buys the watch really have a valid warranty?

2. Pvt-Public Nov 17, 2016

no

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 17, 2016

My OB never asked to see the warranty card on my 3313 POC. Can't hurt to call one and say you got it 2nd hand. What's a warranty card?

4. tyrantlizardrex Nov 17, 2016

If someone falsifys the start date on a warranty, does the warranty then start on that date...

Er...

IMG_1417.JPG

Jwit likes this.
  5. Donn Chambers Nov 17, 2016

In the past, I think this probably happened a lot. I've heard stories about it. Today, I doubt it. I bought a new Omega from a boutique a few months ago, and all the serial number info was carefully entered on a computer along with my name, address, etc. I bet ADs are now required to send this info to Omega as well. It's simple Business 101, especially with modern technology.

I mean, Ford and the state of Florida know how to contact me about recall repairs on my 10-year old Mustang.

Of course, Omega could still be in the Stone Age and I'm wrong. :)

6. pixnw Nov 17, 2016

I believe there are folks selling watches purchased from an AD with a blank warranty card and then dating the card when they re-sell the watch. As long as Omega or the boutique taking the watch for warranty work don't ask I'm guessing there are no questions asked. I tend to believe as Pvt-Public does that if Omega knew the transaction history the warranty wouldn't be honored though.

7. pixnw Nov 17, 2016

Sorry Donn, I missed your reply as I was posting my last one. I was wondering if AD's were required to "activate" the warranty by registering with Omega right away. I know Breitling does something like that. You can be in possession of a Breitling warranty card but not have a warranty if the sale wasn't registered by an AD. Really curious is that is becoming the case with Omega.

8. Donn Chambers Nov 17, 2016

I'd be shocked if multi-billion dollar corporations weren't activating warranties at the point of sale, considering how easy it would be to do so. Of course, I'm just speculating based on common sense. :)

Edited Nov 17, 2016
  9. fnfz4 Nov 20, 2016

Omega really does not care unlike other brands like Rolex or Breitling. The general rule of thumb is production plus 3 years. for example if the watch was made in 2010 and they give a 4 year warranty, they will service the watch for free up to 2017 even without the warranty card just ask nicely.