Forums Latest Members

Warning: Bad experience with Watch Revival UK

1. MtV Jun 14, 2022

Hey folks,
    over three weeks ago, I've ordered a couple of parts from a seller called Watch Revival UK and got an automatic confirmation. Since then, nothing has happened - no shipping information, no parcel, no response to my mails inquiring about the status.

The order was for 80GBP or so, so not the end of the world, but it's annoying, obviously, and the watches have been on hold at my watchmaker's for quite a while anyway. Seems like an unnecessary delay to me. Anyway, have any of you been in touch with them recently? Maybe even have a phone number or met them personally? They're registered in Cheshire, UK.

Thanks everybody!

2. MtV Jun 14, 2022

Chris, the owner got in touch. Going through their website worked, apparently, while emailing them didn’t. Just adding this info as I don’t want people to come across this thread in a forum search at some point and think there might have been an unresolved issue.

They apologized for the lack of communication, started the search for the parcel and promised to send another one, should the search not lead to anything.

ConElPueblo, UWG, YYTIN and 3 others like this.
  3. MtV Jul 27, 2022

Updated the title and have to utter a word of warning:

While I managed to get a hold of the owner and he sent another parcel, it ended up a fiasco nevertheless.

The first parcel got lost, apparently - I can’t know for sure as I wasn’t supplied with a tracking number, even though I explicitly asked.

The second parcel arrived after a long, long wait - response times were weeks at times. I should’ve checked right away but I was in a bit of a hurry, so I handed the envelope to my watchmaker unseen. Turns out: Not only were all three ordered setting lever springs significantly corroded and heavily used, they were also incorrect parts (probably for some other caliber).

I sent them an email to get my money back. Nothing happened. So I figured I’d try it via their website again - which now leads me to a domain seller, so it seems they might be offline. Their eBay account “Watch Revival” doesn’t currently offer any articles while a month or so ago it was a long list of stuff. Guess they went out of business and my money is lost.

Not the end of the world, 3 setting lever springs wasn’t the largest of purchases, but annoying nonetheless. Should they come back online, I wouldn’t exactly recommend buying from them.

4. OneTwo Jul 27, 2022

Sorry to hear you had a rough experience @MtV and thanks for the word of warning! I'm having a similar experience but from the other side, as a seller on eBay with a non-responsive and non-paying auction winner. It will most likely get figured out but definitely annoying.

MtV likes this.
  5. Shabbaz Jul 27, 2022

That sucks. Thnx for the warning!

MtV likes this.