Forums Latest Members

Visiting Glasgow, Scotland—vintage watch recommendations?

1. jaspers Jan 1, 2020

Hi folks,

Will be visiting Glasgow for work next week, and I always like to check the local watch scene when traveling. Any recommendations for places to check out vintage watches?

2. Thegreatroberto Jan 2, 2020

Buchanan Street has most of the new watch shops. The arcade (argyll arcade?) towards argyll street is worth a look, and should be a focus. You can easily loose an hour or two in there.
    Glasgow has its fair share of watch shops, which helps to indicate that there is money being spent in the city. Got some decent guitar shops too....

jaspers likes this.
  3. TheDuke1979 Jan 2, 2020

Second the Argyll Arcade, good selection of both new and preowned watches. Omega used to have their boutique there as well, but that’s moved now to Watches of Switzerland further up the street.

jaspers likes this.
  4. jaspers Jan 3, 2020

Thanks @Thegreatroberto and @TheDuke1979! I was planning on paying James Porter a visit in the Argyll already, as they are one of the few places where you can see Doxa in the wild. Great to hear there's vintage shops there, too. Looking forward to spending a few hours there!

larryganz likes this.
  5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 3, 2020

Glasgow is a great place. I went there to see a big fight a few years back and they kindly put on a football match halfway through.

6. Graemega Jan 4, 2020

I’m a Glaswegian- Argyle Arcade is definitely your best bet for dedicated shops.
    There’s a few pawn shops dotted around as well that have interesting stuff.
    H&T is a couple of doors along from Watches of Switzerland on Bath Street.

jaspers likes this.
  7. jaspers Jan 5, 2020

Added to the list—thanks!