Visited Omega Museum today. Wow!!!

About 1.25 hr train ride from Zurich to Biel, the Omega Museum is a must visit. 5 min cab ride or 20 min walk from Banhof, at the site of the original Omega Factory by the river, the Museum entrance is free. Sleek modern building with a life sized mock-up of LEM landing module outside, causing a skip heartbeat for me as I remember the event when I was 16 having climbed up to my fathers rooftop observatory to view the moon by telescope. Once inside you are directed first to the Swatch Museum (of little interest to me) so we went right up to the omega museum. I’ll post some photos and comments but I encourage anyone on this OF to visit if you can.

The LEM module outside
And the 57 three blockbusters, Railmaster, first Speedmaster, and first Seamaster 300 with a lollipop sweep. photos not great taken through the glass.

Elvis’s diamond bezelled beauty from the record company (for selling 75 mil records) and JFK’s gold square dress watch given as a gift from a fellow senator friend after his election.

The LEM module outside
And the 57 three blockbusters, Railmaster, first Speedmaster, and first Seamaster 300 with a lollipop sweep. photos not great taken through the glass.

Is that real moondust sitting in the Landers feet?

I remember many years ago getting to see one of the Landers used when it went on an international tour, inspiring stuff to a 10 something kid.

Sorry here’s the front of JFK watch it’s on a rotating display

Awesome, thanks for sharing your visit with us! Definitely a Bucket List item.

Incredible, thanks for sharing those photos!! I need to make a trip to the museum sometime!

Such a cool glimpse into the museum and thanks for sharing! Definitely adding this to my bucket list!

Awesome, thanks for sharing your visit with us! Definitely a Bucket List item.
Thanks. Here are some Speedmasters worn by astronauts on various missions. In my excitement I forgot the details of each

Does the museum gift shop offer new models for sale?
No did not see anything for sale, but the Flagship Omega Boutique is in Zurich on the Bahnhofstrasse which is the main shopping street, and they couldn’t have been nicer I recommend visit there also.

Is that Mould on the Leather Bands ?????
I dont think so just degraded leather from age I think. They are the original leather straps quite sure.

Also nice display of James Bond watches each in a case with movie poster and artifacts. Starting with Goldeneye 1995 the original Seamaster 300 still had tritium so they show lume patina. All of the P Brosnan and D Craig movies 7 or 8 of them some pictures attached.

Great thread with some awesome pictures.

Many thanks for sharing

Is that Mould on the Leather Bands ?????

I think that's genuine, original, vintage mould...quite collectable in its own right you know 😁

I think that's genuine, original, vintage mould...quite collectable in its own right you know 😁
Well since its Elvis and JFK mold then I guess they decided its worth keeping!!

Super cool seeing the history of the brand here. I'm surprised the LEM is just handing out in the elements like that, is it an actual LEM or a replica model?