Virgin Galactic approved for commercial space tourism ride thingy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...s-faa-license-to-fly-passengers-to-space.html

Pretty cool. I know someone payed 29 million to go up with Bezos and his brother but in time, probably not a short amount of time. These trips may be accessible to normal humans. That would be amazing. Can we shut up the flat earthers now? If I get a chance to take in a ride I don’t have a moon watch just a mundane speed master auto. I guess I could wear my almost pouge.

Even if I have $100 billion dollars and my own rocket company, never will I ever be an early adopter of consumer space travel.

You guys go first. 🍿
Edited:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...s-faa-license-to-fly-passengers-to-space.html

Pretty cool. I know someone payed 29 million to go up with Bezos and his brother but in time, probably not a short amount of time. These trips may be accessible to normal humans. That would be amazing. Can we shut up the flat earthers now? If I get a chance to take in a ride I don’t have a moon watch just a mundane speed master auto. I guess I could wear my almost pouge.
If you go to space, I will loan you my moon watch.

Even if I have $100 billion dollars and own my own rocket company, never will I ever be an early adopter of consumer space travel.

You guys go first. 🍿

If I can’t take a fishing rod it’s not worth going in my book…..

Would be cool, though, to go and bring a speedy along. But God no, feet planted firmly on the earth for this guy!

My dad would hold hands apart, curved in semicircles and say, “gotta have ‘em this big…”

I really don’t see this as being any more risky that flying a commercial airliner. Things can go just as badly, and it’s not within your control.

Anyone booking tickets feel free to send me your watches for safe keeping.
Edited:

really don’t see this as being any more risky that flying a commercial airliner.

Flying on a rocket into space is no more risky than flying on a commercial airliner? Really?

Flying on a rocket into space is no more risky than flying on a commercial airliner? Really?
I generally agree, this is still way more dangerous (right now) but Virgin Galactic’s craft are dropped from something more similar to a plane. It’s not quite the same as being launched by SpaceX

All that dough, and you still end up 10km short of the Von Karman Line. I see a marketing problem when Blue Origin begins launching.

I have no plans on doing this myself, but I would assume that any craft that is flying commercially is going to need to pass the same safety standards as any commercial airline.

Do I have to pay extra for checked bags?
They’ll hit you up on the launchpad for the $75 baggage fee as your are trying to juggle your helmet and poop bag.

I look forward to the first Speedy on eBay with the tag line “Has been to lower Earth orbit! Ultra rare!”

I really don’t see this as being any more risky that flying a commercial airliner. Things can go just as badly, and it’s not within your control.
I generally agree, about as risky as A commercial airliner.
Specifically, this one:
https://www.space.com/16657-worlds-first-commercial-airline-the-greatest-moments-in-flight.html

All that dough, and you still end up 10km short of the Von Karman Line. I see a marketing problem when Blue Origin begins launching.
Yeah.
A total deal-breaker.

If you go to space, I will loan you my moon watch.
Very nice, and of course it’s appreciated but pretty much a guarantee you will never have to lend me that watch and yet you still get props for offering a complete win win for you.

If I can’t take a fishing rod it’s not worth going in my book…..
You can take it of course, but it’s all catch and release up there otherwise….