Virgin Galactic approved for commercial space tourism ride thingy

I really don’t see this as being any more risky that flying a commercial airliner. Things can go just as badly, and it’s not within your control.
I have no plans on doing this myself, but I would assume that any craft that is flying commercially is going to need to pass the same safety standards as any commercial airline.

🤨

Blue Origin - 22 flights, 20 fully successful. 20/22 = not getting on that 🤬

Of course hoping for the best for those who do choose to take the early flights. 👍

🤨

Of course hoping for the best for those who do choose to take the early flights. 👍
My point exactly- about as safe as commercial airlines….you roll the dice

Sorry, I still don't get your point. But I'd love to be your bookie. 😜

🤨

20/22 crewed flights - with no loss of life or significant injury, I'd say is pretty good as far as these things go.
However, the current stats are: 0/0 crewed flights.
After July 21, it's expected to be 1/1.
Nice, but I'd still give it a few dozen more to get the bugs worked out.
There will be bugs, and some of them could well be..... xenomorphic
You can take it of course, but it’s all catch and release up there otherwise….

Commercial airline flights are routine. Commercial pilots have thousands of flight hours before they get any shot at flying a live passenger. Suborbital flights today are anything but routine. There are only two people alive who have been past the Karman Line on suborbital rockets. Both are retired, and neither will be flying with Bezos next month.

Once this becomes routine (which could be in a few years, if we're lucky) I think it would be fair to compare with commercial airliners. But I think it's a bit early yet to count the chickens. Let's see what happens on A11+52.

DOwuJt.gif

If you go to space, I will loan you my moon watch.
if he has the money to go to space he probably doesn't need a watch on loan.