Forums Latest Members
  1. Gazzar Dec 28, 2016

By way of a brief introduction, I am new to this forum having been advised by the people at TZ-UK to seek the expertise here on the subject of Zenith watches.

FWIW, I recently picked up a really nice, inexpensive Zenith watch which I would like to find out a bit about; this is pictured below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FWIW, I think this is a 1961 Stellina and I know it is a 2532 movement, also, the case back indicates that it is 18K.

What I am confused about is the fact that the date is at 6 o'clock. From looking around the web this seems unusual.

So, could anyone here confirm my thoughts above, or, provide some additional information ?

Any information will be gratefully received.

Best wishes

Gary

Edited Dec 28, 2016
    Syrte likes this.
  2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 28, 2016

If that's unusual, how about a date at the 5 o'clock..
    f.jpg

3. Gazzar Dec 28, 2016

Hi TTG

Thanks for getting back.

I am seeing a few such watches online with the date at 4.30 but no others at 6. Just wondering why ?

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 28, 2016

Date at 4:30 is very much a Zenith thing - in fact it is the norm with vintage and date at 3:00 or 6:00 was an exception.

Stelina is a rearm that seems to have come from sellers needing to call it something. Zenith sold lots of watches that had no model designation so people seem to have latched onto the star on the dial as a model.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 28, 2016

Maybe it's a calatrava ? ::bleh::

(OP, welcome, please ignore, this is a bit of an inside joke which should not detract from your very pretty watch).
    PS- and if you ever tire of it, I'd gladly buy it from you aka DIBS!

Edited Dec 28, 2016
  6. Gazzar Dec 28, 2016

Thanks to all above for your input. It seems like I have learnt pretty-much all that I will find out about this lovely watch. I will now just enjoy it !