Forums Latest Members

Vintage watches in Amsterdam

1. South Boy Dec 10, 2019

Hello guys,
    I'm going to spend new years eve (and also my birthday:)) in Amsterdam and one of my goals is to visit recommended flea markets/thrift stores/ any vontage watches store.
    Are there dutch people or people who visited Amsterdam in the crowd that can recommend me on such places to visit?
    Thanks!

2. Peter_from_NL Dec 10, 2019

AMSTERDAM Watch Company (awco) is one. Located at the REESTRAAT 3.

Amsterdam Vintage Watches. Located at Singel 414.

Spiegelgracht Juweliers does a lot of advertising. Never been there but apparently they have a lot. Located at Spiegelgracht number 12.

Have fun in AMSTERDAM and behave....

South Boy likes this.
  3. jaspers Dec 10, 2019

Great place to spend new years! Happy to share experiences:

- Most traditional vintage jewellers are on Spiegelgracht. You won't find many interesting watches here though, it's a bit of a tourist trap. You could check out Spiegelgracht juweliers, but expect less than 1/3 of their online collection actually on display.
    - Amsterdam Vintage watches has an insane collection—again, sadly, with very little on display in their store. The staff in my experience, is a little snobby.
    - Awco is my favorite place. Incredibly nice and knowledgeable staff, who were very happy to indulge the casually browsing tourist that I was. They have some cool special editions made for them every now and then.
    - Amsterdam time classics is basically a collector with his entire eclectic collection on display. Something may or may not be for sale at any given point, and the owner seems to sell at a reasonable price only to people he likes. I spent a good amount of time there.

Generally, please be advised that opening hours may differ and vary during the holidays.

Have fun man! And careful with that whacky tabacky—much more potent than what you may be used to.

Edited Dec 11, 2019
    cristos71 and South Boy like this.
  4. Shabbaz Dec 10, 2019

All very expensive...;)

South Boy likes this.
  5. funkright Dec 10, 2019

Would loved to have known this 2 months ago... when we were there. Though my wife is probably happy I didn't :)

6. South Boy Dec 11, 2019

Thanks alot guys! will sure visit there.
    Beside that are there any recommended flea markets in Amsterdam?

7. Shabbaz Dec 11, 2019

When exactly will you be in Amsterdam? We dont really have a weekly fleamarket in Amsterdam. I think the IJhallen organizes regularly a market. We have a daily market on the Waterlooplein. And you can find some fleamarkets with dates here:

https://www.meukisleuk.nl/agenda/zoek/Amsterdam

You can use google translate for translation.

South Boy likes this.
  8. South Boy Dec 11, 2019

I'll be there from 30.12 to 5.1
    Thanks again!

9. Shabbaz Dec 11, 2019

Screenshot_20191211-160937_Chrome.jpg
    Aludic, ConElPueblo and South Boy like this.
  10. Shabbaz Dec 11, 2019

Not sure if you'll find a vintage watch there. I doubt it. But it's a nice market anyway in a beautiful industrial place.

South Boy likes this.
  11. wouter van wijk Dec 11, 2019

Hello @South Boy to complete this list here:
    1-Schaap en Citroen Vintage Watches Van Baerlestraat 27, Unit 1, 1071 AN Amsterdam. This is kind of the pre-owned vintage trade in stock from Schaap Citroen number 1 or 2 AD in the Netherlands. Expensive, not very knowledgeable considering vintage.
    2-HP Horlogerie, old school pre-owned dealer Elandsgracht 38, 1016 TW Amsterdam
    And you can meet with dealers with no shop such as
    www.vintagetimes.nl and me :) www.wristicons.com/about

South Boy likes this.
  12. South Boy Dec 11, 2019

Couldn't know all this without you, really appreciate that!

13. abrod520 Dec 12, 2019

Funny this thread came up, as I'll be in Amsterdam for business next week, with a day off between clients on Thursday 19th. Anyone want to go see Amsterdam Watch Co and Amsterdam Time Classics? :)

(Also could use other recs for food, sights, etc - nothing fancy, trying to stay within expense limits :D)

14. Vitezi Dec 14, 2019