Vintage Watch Verification

2: What Can You Tell Us?

Hello All,

I recently inherited this watch from my grandfather. My father was told it is from the 60-70's. I am trying to verify it is real, or what questions I need to ask a watchmaker in my area to determine if it is real. It is unknown when it was last serviced (probably before my grandfather passed which was during COVID) but it was received by my father about 5 years ago.

I am wanting to know if the watch is legit or not. And if it is real, what type of Omega is it. I know there are a lot of fakes out there. Looking at the watch, my guess is that it is real, but one thing I find odd is on the dial, it generally says what type of watch it is, which this dial does not. I am also not sure about the clasp. The omega emblem looks different than the others I can find using google searches.

The watch, to my knowledge has not been opened before, so I am not sure what lies inside of it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am hoping to take it into a watchmaker in the next few weeks to get further confirmation.

IMG_8380.jpeg IMG_8381.jpeg IMG_8382.jpeg

Like 1
Appears to be a legit Omega from just these pictures.

Welcome

Like 1
The information you seek will be revealed when the case has been opened, and you can upload pictures of the stampings inside the case back, and the mechanism. Be sure to give us the serial number of the mechanism. By the way (IMO), it’s real! We frequently see Omegas from the era of yours that don’t have a model name (Seamaster, Geneva, etc.) marked on the dial. Nice watch! You’re very fortunate!

Like 1
The information you seek will be revealed when the case has been opened, and you can upload pictures of the stampings inside the case back, and the mechanism. Be sure to give us the serial number of the mechanism. By the way (IMO), it’s real! We frequently see Omegas from the era of yours that don’t have a model name (Seamaster, Geneva, etc.) marked on the dial. Nice watch! You’re very fortunate!
That’s good information to know, I was not aware of that. In your opinion which type of omega do you think it is?

That’s good information to know, I was not aware of that. In your opinion which type of omega do you think it is?
It's simply a "Gents Gold Omega".
As noted above, many Omegas from the vintage era didn't have model names.

Nice looking example.

Like 1
Maybe not a very desirable model but the watch looks very good. If you inherited from your grandfather do not try to sell it because you will not get rich. My advice is to keep it. I said that because i seen many times that someone who inherited a watch ask here for details to check for the value and after that to sell it :). Regards.

Maybe not a very desirable model but the watch looks very good. If you inherited from your grandfather do not try to sell it because you will not get rich. My advice is to keep it. I said that because i seen many times that someone who inherited a watch ask here for details to check for the value and after that to sell it :). Regards.
Absolutely, definitely not going to sell it. I like my memories more than money. Dont really care what type it is was more just for my knowledge and to know if it is a fake or not.