Forums Latest Members

Vintage watch shops in Hong Kong?

1. Kapka May 25, 2019

Hi guys

I’m going on a business trip to Hong Kong soon and I wonder if anyone has some tips on good vintage watch shops around Tsim Sha Tsui area.
    I have found a few shops online but the posts are quite old. Most of them are very high end (mostly Rolex) expensive shops and I will take a look there, but it would be great to visit some more regular below 10K USD stores as well :).

I will pay a visit to Michael Young for sure, for some bracelet repair and service.
    Also I’m planning to visit Vintage Element on 44 Nathan Rd and Pak Lee on 4 Middle Rd.

Any other stores near around that I should definitely not miss??
    I know we have some very dedicated Omega and Rolex collectors here on OF so please help guys.

I will have limited time so that is why I’m only looking around Tsim Sha Tsui and Kowloon area.

Many many thanks for you help..

/Kapka

2. Braindrain May 25, 2019

Ask your hotel where the TST "Arcades" for watches are. You could spend days there. Mix of modern and vintage to be found.

Kapka likes this.
  3. Kapka May 25, 2019

Will ask them. Do you know the adress?

Thanks!

4. Steve88M3 May 25, 2019

Alex Pig in Quarry Bay

Kapka likes this.
  5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer May 25, 2019

This one is a little off the beaten track and not so easy to find, will list some others when I have a little time.

Kapka likes this.
  6. Steve88M3 May 25, 2019

It’s pretty easy if you have a sense of direction or access to Google maps.

Kapka likes this.
  7. Kapka May 26, 2019

Please do so. I’m leaving tonight and will be there a week. Can’t wait to explore a bit. I know that prices in Hong Kong are not the cheapest but I’m hoping for variety :)..

8. shaun hk Fairy nuffer May 26, 2019

Vintage concept - a must visit both Central and Kowloon they have some really cool old Rolex's and others, if you go nowhere else go here. I think this is the one with the two no crownguard submariners (6205??) amongst other beauties.
    London watch - this is in the same arcade as the Kowloon Branch of vintage concept. It may take a little finding and wandering to get into the arcade but is worth looking for. They have some nearly new as well as a good selection of old stuff, once again mostly Rolex but well worth a visit as they have some amazing stuff on the shelf. The address of the arcade is 1 Kwong Wa Street and there are a few vintage shops in here.
    Housewatch / John Lee - a great guy and a real watch lover. He usually opens evenings only (7pm plus) and then only when he feels like it. So drop him an email before you visit. And if you are wearing vintage be prepared for a good chat, the last time I was there he was admiring and complimentary to my F300 hummer, he just loves old watches. He only has (at least so he says) very good quality stuff.
    Raymond - included as he is close to vintage concept on HK island (Central) and I quite like the guy. Not exactly easy to find but he sells some interesting stuff from a tiny market stall and to me there is somehting cool about that, pic of his business card and “shop” below.
    Classic Watch Repair (TST) - this is Michael Young of the Rolex bracelet repair fame as you mentioned you wanted to. Visit and from there you can walk to Kimberley Road.
    Champagne court kimberly road, TST - this is worth a visit just to see the $$$$'s of watches in the windows. It is pretty much all modern and a lot of Rolex and Pans but a lot of other high end (and imho often ugly but expensive) stuff.
    Berne Horology - rumour has it he has a huge supply of old Omega parts but I’ve never felt comfortable in his store and I have heard of people buying redials there.
    I know more about looking and admiring than I do about pricing so I am not sure if the above offer good deals or not (both Classic and London have watches in the US$25k and up range as well as much cheaper stuff). I know John Lee is expensive but his argument ishe has the best and it seems to me he really does not care if it is sold or not.
    Alex Pig has been mentioned and there are numerous little shops selling pre-owned all over Hong Kong and Kowloon
    Many places do not open until after lunch so it is best to go out from the early afternoon onwards.
    Also, caveat emptor is the rule in Hong Kong.
    Enjoy your visit and of course post pics of anything interesting you see or buy,

DA6F657D-004E-4B77-B8FC-6827515B8001.jpeg 8D946B22-90E6-4C6D-9B67-8E7996217F58.jpeg FBDF04B7-D938-4F27-AEE7-ACE42FDC2A82.jpeg

Vitezi, queriver and Kapka like this.
  9. Kapka May 27, 2019

Shaun I’m amazed!! Thank you so much for such a detailed description. I just got to HK and waiting for my friend who will take me to some of those places. Can’t thank you enough and if I knew that there was so much to visit I would have booked one more night in HK before going over to China for business. The good thing is that I will back in August again :)

Will for sure post what ever I find..

Cheers, Kapka

10. shaun hk Fairy nuffer May 27, 2019

It's OK, just took a look through that kwong wa arcade and vintage concept there has been renamed as PnF, past and future. Another store had 16 Daytonas in the window, 10 of which were "4 digit", 6263 etc. Also saw a couple of very suspicious Ed Whites....

Kapka likes this.