Forums Latest Members

Vintage watch repair in Northern California ( Bay Area )

1. maanu Jul 2, 2018

Hi All,

I am looking for a vintage watch repair shop in the Bay Area, CA. I found a few on Yelp and most of the feedback were battery replacements. Did you have any good experiences with the names below or any other that I missed?

Seregin’s Fine Timepieces, SF
    Precision Time, SF
    Geneva Watch Repair, SF
    Downtown Watch Repair, SF
    World Time, Santa Clara

Thanks in advance.

2. merchandiser Jul 2, 2018

I’ve recently had two watches serviced at United Watch Services, http://www.unitedwatchservices.com/. They did a great job and did it very quickly, one week turn around on a clean, oil and adjust. The most important thing was that they listened to my direction to not polish the cases.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. eatabagel Jul 3, 2018

Ever since my favorite watch maker in Santa Cruz/Monterey area retired, I have been bringing my watches to World Time in San Jose. They're just down the road from Valley Fair Mall. Son, the proprietor is super friendly and knowledgeable. He's worked on my 1920/1930s era Gruen Quadron, my Rado Original Diastar, and right now has a 1960s Constellation of mine. He's certified by Omega and definitely has access to original parts from Swatch Group and Omega.

I highly recommend them-- they listen to instructions, especially if you say you want to keep things period correct. They will not polish your watch if you don't want them to, and their pricing is very reasonable.

wsfarrell likes this.
  4. river rat Jul 5, 2018

Before I moved to MT I used Jason at the tick tock shop think he is second or third generation watch and clockmaker not often you find some one who can work on both clocks and watches. He service my Heuer Bund chronograph just before I moved. The Tick Tock Shop is in Santa Clara link below.
    http://www.santaclaraticktock.com/

Edited Jul 5, 2018
  5. wsfarrell Jul 5, 2018

True. Best I've ever encountered.

6. maanu Jul 6, 2018

Thanks Everyone. Son at Workd time is busy until October so meeting Jason today,

ninjamattic likes this.