Vintage Watch Newbie with Questions

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the forum for a few weeks. I have decided I want a vintage watch that I can wear on a regular basis. I have spoken to customers and friends in case they have something laying around they would be willing to part with. I have one friend that told me he had an omega he got in 1963 when he was 10 years old and while he wasn't interested in selling it he would bring it in for me to check out. He brought it in and it is about as close to perfect in style and size as I am going to find. One thing I do not want is a gold watch or anything larger than 34mm (small wrist).

Can anyone tell me more about this watch and where I may find one. I know it has gold hands but the daggers and such have either toned or are a rose gold that I love. I love patina and toning, it is one of the reasons I want a vintage watch. I will admit I have never bought anything vintage and quit at just one but I am trying, I really like that Universal Geneve in the for sale section though. :) I am looking forward to the incredible knowledge on this forum and learning more about these incredible timepieces.

Thanks for looking,
Richie
nowm-122042.jpg

With vintage watches, you need to be opportunistic. It's not always easy to find the exact duplicate of a watch that you like. There are so many variations of each reference, and most examples are not in good condition. Why not make your friend an offer? Or maybe there is something he would take in trade.

With vintage watches, you need to be opportunistic. It's not always easy to find the exact duplicate of a watch that you like. There are so many variations of each reference, and most examples are not in good condition. Why not make your friend an offer? Or maybe there is something he would take in trade.
He definitely won't sell it but I have seen quite a few watches on here that would work just fine that I have missed. What I have found that I am attracted to is a stainless case with an off white face and a dark brown band. Patina helps. I will keep watching when I have time though.

SS case and white dial is easy enough. Gold dial furniture is less common, but still not that hard to find. The textured dials are much less common.

SS case and white dial is easy enough. Gold dial furniture is less common, but still not that hard to find. The textured dials are much less common.
That figures, I really like that dial. Is this gold that has darkened or rose gold?

Some beautiful watches. Thank you

I really was trying to avoid gold as I am going to wear my watch daily and live a pretty casual lifestyle but gold hands and numbers are not so bad.

I see. The way you presented it made it sound like you specifically wanted gold dial hardware/hands.

Looks like (I'm not sure 100%) a CK 2506 from the late 40s.
If you like the honeycomb dial, I guess it could be harder to find.

Looks like (I'm not sure 100%) a CK 2506 from the late 40s.
If you like the honeycomb dial, I guess it could be harder to find.
Thank you. I will start keeping an eye out for that model number.