Vintage watch Identification

From my end if the watch itself is going to be worth less than the cost of repairs, then i may just retain the watch as is and put the money into another project
I will seek out a few more quotes and go from there.
I can assure you that investing money into the watch would not be financially logical, so there's really no need to trouble yourself getting multiple quotes. I had assumed that you wanted to restore the watch for sentimental reasons.

Like 3
If I have to share my mind on this, I was given a pocket watch belonging to my great-great grandfather from the beginning of the 1900. The cost of having it fixed was not reasonable in my opinion, plus I'm not a pocket watch person so it would end up being a huge expense without any return in real life.

I ended up having a crystal fitted on it and now sits in a dome display case above my writing desk just as a piece of my family history.

If I were in you I would make a quick pro-cons list in my head seeing if you'll get benefit from having it a working state. If you do not wear it, nor intend to, and would be a dead-expense, just keep it as a memory of your grandfather in its original state.

Thanks for the reply that is the whole argument I have been having in my head!

Like 1
This watchmaker does simply not like to do this work. He wants compensation for his pain while working ;-)

I think that is very much the case here as well!

Send me a PM with details.
I'll see what I can do for you.

Like 1