Forums Latest Members
  1. Norfolk May 9, 2022

I am in Rome for a week in June with the family and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for places to visit....

I recall there used to be a huge street market at the weekend but post-covid was not so sure it might still be going. I am looking for 1960s obscure divers, of which there seem to be a lot in Italy (if Ebay is anything to go by).

Am also out on the east coast for a couple of days so can extend the proverbial net...

Any advice gratefully received....

kaplan likes this.
  2. Cuttysark May 10, 2022

On sunday there is the flea market "Porta Portese". It's very big. Maybe you can find something interesting..

kaplan likes this.
  3. bardamu May 10, 2022

Hi,
    Yes, the huge flea market is the historic Porta Portese, in Trastevere, and it's still going: every sunday from 7 am to 2 pm. It's funny but watch your wallet, a lot of picpockets hanging around and targeting tourists.
    They (the organizers, not the pickpockets :) ) have also a website: www.portaportesemarket.it

Downtown there is also Borghetto Flaminio, near piazza del Popolo: it is held twice a month -I guess- on sunday morning, but I can't find a calendar online for the next month. They have a facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/Il-Mercatino...e-Sale-Rigattieri-per-Hobby-1015867868442582/
    Full address is Piazza della Marina 32, 00196 Roma.

This one is nice, small, a sort of garage sale and vintage watches are always present, even though prices aren't so low usually because sellers are mostly professional vintage street vendors. But sometimes I found something interesting over there.

Anyway during the whole month of June I will be in town for work, if you need any help or hints during your stay drop me a message, I'll be glad to help :)

Edited May 13, 2022
    kaplan, MtV, Risto and 5 others like this.
  4. Norfolk May 12, 2022

Very helpful. Thank you. May be in touch again!

5. bardamu May 13, 2022

You're welcome :)