Vintage Watch Help

Hi,

My mother in law is sorting out my father in laws possessions and she came across the following Omega which we believe was his fathers. Ive tried to find out what model this may be but can see find out. Does anyone know what this could be? Just if its a legit model then will take it for a service etc.

Thanks

John

I don't know what the model is but it's definitely legit and looks pretty nice and apparently in original condition. If the back is steel it'll be gold capped, if it's gold then you might want to look for hallmarks. If none then it'll be gold-filled.

Nice and IMO original Omega 👍 Probably hand-wound (??) and from the late 40ies/mid 50ies?
More informations, if the movement can be seen. Does the crown has an Omega-Logo?

Thanks - it is hand wound and the back is also gold. The crown has an omega logo on it aswell.

Not sure how to remove the caseback to check the movement but sounds like we need to take it to a watch shop.

Thanks

OK, but be sure, the watchmaker does not ruin the dial! Just let the movement serviced!