Forums Latest Members
  1. jeffewil Jan 3, 2014

[​IMG]
    Hi,

Just bought a “vintage Speedmaster” box on eBay. All is well, good condition etc but I am concerned it is not actually for a Speedmaster as the watch (105.012), when on its side it a very tight fit and touches the inside top of the case.

The dimensions are 10.5 x 10.5 x 5.5 cm (approx)

Can anyone confirm these are correct?

Thanks

2. jeffewil Jan 3, 2014

This is a picture of it.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Dash1 Jan 3, 2014

From what I can see in the photos I think that one is for a ladies watch. The mens boxes had a watch holder that was about 1.5cm in width, or more, the ladies holder is about 1cm in width. Also the largest mens (red/inner) box was about 6cm high x 10.5 x 10.5.

4. jeffewil Jan 3, 2014

Hmm... that seems about right.....

5. jeffewil Jan 3, 2014

I take it this wouldn't be for a Speedmaster then - I don't know of a ladies Speedmaster... Also is this (or the men's version) known as a "high top"?

6. Dash1 Jan 3, 2014

During this period there wasn't a specific box for the Speedmaster, well certainly not in the UK, just the Mens and ladies sizes and maybe specific ones for Constellations etc.. So your Speedmaster would have been supplied in a box of the appropriate size.
    I don't think these are often referred to as 'high top'. This style of box was in use from, roughly, the early/mid 60's to early/mid 70's.