Forums Latest Members
  1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 6, 2016

look, your avatar is the best example..... Movado made very interesting vintage watches. collectors paid good money for them. and then Movado was sold to an middle eastern investment vehicle..... you would think, that might only affect new prices.... but vintage dropped like a stone and has not recovered. there are always developments unforseen, that might influence values. for everything, you want to collect. look at the mile stone Heuer auction. since then, prices have stayed up. but a few will stay that way and never find a buyer. look at the rise of Universal Geneve. many undervalued iconic brands still there. Longines. Zenith. ( I should stop here, before everybody starts buying these...) it has much to do with talking up certain watches; Hodinkee springs to mind. a lot of self serving interests behind that. but a big influence. in general, sports chronos will always be in demand. if you can talk them up on the net/auctions and associate them with something personal ( Military; daring special forces for the middle aged investment banker. who hopes, that legacy will rub on his dull personality....famous musicians, race car drivers, pilots, Zeppelins....name it.) . and in the case of Rolex; as soon as somebody gives their models a "NAME ". like FAT LADY , PAUL NEWMAN and many others. they take off. stories can be made. and turned into $$$$. but these are the ones, that will fall first. all in all: very interesting developments are always happening. kind regards. achim

Bluemartinifan and Baz9614 like this.
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 6, 2016

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 6, 2016

Baz9614 likes this.
  4. smitty190373 Jul 6, 2016

I was joking....I wouldn't sell it either. Lovely watch :)

quito likes this.
  5. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jul 7, 2016

Not surprised - it's beautiful. Colours are great, as is the bezel.

quito likes this.
  6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 7, 2016

Edited Jul 7, 2016
    sbac, TNTwatch, AAAKK and 3 others like this.
  7. Bluemartinifan Jul 7, 2016

Such a valuable reading/learning opportunity - thanks for posting :)

8. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Jul 7, 2016

Yes the big H definitely influences the market. Most of what they talk about in the weekly column is vintage steel sports watches especially chronographs. I have always loved gold though; other precious metal too. What piqued my interest in Movado was the fact that they are relatively unknown, their movements are for the most part high grade with nice finishing, and the fact that they used the same case manufacturer as Patek Phillippe with their 1463 chronograph. But again buy what you like, me I'll stick with gold and platinum and palladium as I wear my 18k YG 145.016.

image.jpg
    Edited Jul 7, 2016
  9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 7, 2016

piqued dammit

10. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Jul 7, 2016

Fixed peaked to say piqued for you. :)