Forums Latest Members

Vintage Speedmaster Pre Moon Chronograph - Blue "soleil" dial

1. pomelowatches Nov 11, 2019

Was flicking through the upcoming auction catalogue for the Watches of Knightbridge auction in London and spotted this! A Speedmaster ST 105.012-63 with a rather magical light sunbrushed-blue silver dial (also known as the rather rare blue “soleil” dial).
    [​IMG]

I spotted a thread posted by speedy4ever on the forum here earlier about these here where he said that he believes these sorts of dial were produced as test batches. Examples of this sort of Speedmaster are few and far between it seems. Gorgeous example here.

Given its auction season (thank you Philipps for this weekend's recent results...), I thought I'd post my top three pieces from the WOK auction here if anyone is interested to read more - the full auction list is pretty long! The WOK auctions have some great stuff in general.

2. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 11, 2019

Did you have a look here? https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedmasters-at-wok-auction-16-nov-2019.103554/

I suspect this to be a disguised advertisement to the auction so please read the link above and give us your opinion on what we already said here about this particular watch :cautious:

They are also known for auctioning disguised crap https://omegaforums.net/threads/wok-is-for-noodles.91529/ :thumbsup:

airansun and chronoboy64 like this.
  3. pomelowatches Nov 11, 2019

Woops! Missed this one, thanks Kov :)

And definitely not an advertisement to the auction - not affiliated in anyway. I read the post that some forum members and Speedy4ever posted on blue soleil dials before and thought this one may be of interest given that, so decided to post here but seems you guys had already picked up on the posting.

Also interesting to read some of the comments and thoughts in the latter link you showed me. Although, great spot on your part Kov re that booklet.

Edited Nov 13, 2019