Forums Latest Members
  1. andysho Dec 2, 2013

Hi guys, new member here with a request for help.

I recently started looking at vintage watches and I love the looks of '50s Omega Seamasters. I am not after 100% authentic collectors specimens, but I would rather avoid the worst of frankenwatches.

Would you say this watch is legit? http://www.ebay.at/itm/111225501039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

From what I read on this forum and elsewhere, I do not see any obvious problems, except the caliber number is not wisible. Can you say from the picture whether that is a correct caliber? Is there anything else I am missing?

That seller has a lot of vintage watches in pristine conditions, which looks a bit suspicious to me...should I assume that the dial is refinished even if they do not list it as such?

In short - will I get ripped off if I bid on that?

Thanks for any input!

2. Dablitzer Dec 2, 2013

Refinished dial there. And personally the steel case looks too polished IMO. I would wait for a nicer more original example as the price for this is already quite high.

3. andysho Dec 2, 2013

Thanks. How can you tell that the dial is refinished? Is it just that it is unlikely to be in such a good condition due to age, or are there other signs?