Forums Latest Members
  1. dan7800 Sep 11, 2017

Hey all,

I have a few questions about repairs on a late 1960's Seamster

1) Are parts still available from Omega?
    2) If so, how long do they take to arrive? If not, where are parts usually attained?

Thanks all

2. Tennos Sep 11, 2017

Depending on what you are looking for, parts are probably not available from Omega. They do not support vintage pieces very well. Parts are obtained either from Otto Frei, eBay, or trolling the forums.

dan7800 likes this.
  3. Vitezi Sep 12, 2017

Scout around for a vintage watchmaker, preferably one with an Omega parts account. If parts are still available, they will handle all of this for you. If parts are not available from Omega or the watchmaker does not have access to them, parts can sometimes be sourced from parts distributors or salvaged from similar watches. Parts can also be fabricated, but this depends on the part you need and the skill of your watchmaker.

dan7800 likes this.
  4. Vitezi Sep 12, 2017

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 12, 2017

Can you tell us what movement is in the watch and what parts specifically you are referring to?

Omega supports vintage watches pretty well compared to other mid-tier brands. So for example if this is a late 60's automatic, with a 55X or 56X series movement, all movement parts for these calibers are still available from Omega. For case parts it would really depend on the specifics, but again many crystals, hands, dials, etc. are still available from Omega.

As you go back in time, naturally parts are more difficult to obtain, so not all parts are available for the 500 series, and fewer still for the bumper movements. Of course anything newer than the 55X and 56X series will have all the parts available, so the 1000 and 1010 series all have parts available for them.

Most movement parts I order from Omega arrive the following day, or the day after. If the stock has to come from Switzerland, it may take 2-3 weeks, and it depends if all of Europe is on vacation at the time...

Cheers, Al

6. dan7800 Sep 12, 2017

The watch is a 1968 Cosmic . I am located in the US. I will check on the precise parts.