Forums Latest Members
  1. raider44 Jan 3, 2018

hey all - i am considering acquiring this vintage pilot... i don't know a lot about zeniths so i'm looking for some help.

[​IMG]

does the dial look correct? the crown appears to be unsigned... i have lower resolution photos of the case back and crown if those would be helpful. i have no photos of the movement or inside of the case back. the seller says the movement is hacking. cal 120? i'm a sucker for a watch with a beautiful case and this looks very good to me. any input would be appreciated. thanks!

2. Maganator Jan 3, 2018

3. raider44 Jan 3, 2018

thanks for the response. yours is very nice indeed.

ok - so the crown is also incorrect. are period correct crowns difficult to source?

this one has a fair bit of patina... are you suggesting it is a redial?

more photos:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Maganator Jan 3, 2018

When I said that yours had a different dial I wasn’t suggesting a redial, just that it was a different style. There are a couple of different styles of the pilot.

I should say that I am not an expert on these but it doesn’t look like yours has been redialled from the picture above – I cannot be sure though.

Edit - I am not sure how easy it would be to source a period crown either.

5. raider44 Jan 3, 2018

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. raider44 Jan 8, 2018

OK - so i took the plunge and purchased this piece.

it is a cal 120... movement serial number 4788xxx.

just looking for some help in sourcing a period correct crown... i see some on ebay that look correct (acorn style signed with 'z' inside the star)... just wondering how to know that the crown will actually fit the watch? i am accustomed to omegas where if i have the correct part number i can be confident it will fit. is there something similar with zeniths - where i can be confident i am purchasing the correct part?