Vintage Omega Watch

Posts
7
Likes
0
Can anyone advise me the value of the following Omega watch: Model: Constellation 'Ultra Thin' Automatic 18kt Gold
Movement: Omega Calibre 711 Automatic
Case Material: 18kt Solid Yellow Gold
Case diameter: 29.5mm × 30.5mm
Glass: Mineral Crystal
 
Posts
13,514
Likes
23,449
About scrap value for the gold. Maybe ever so slightly more.
 
Posts
250
Likes
266
Value is one thing. Finding someone who wants to buy a low demand watch with that kind of damage is another matter in itself.
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,747
The dial is a disaster. Probably helps make the rest of it look so bad.

In some ways it would be a shame to lose the case. Reminds me of the sort of stuff treasure hunters dig up in the fields and date back to roman or other pre or historic times.

If nothing else one has a sure winner for an ugly watch contest.
 
Posts
3,783
Likes
6,434
Omega case repairing technician needs that gold alloy to do his repair properly.
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
Omega case repairing technician needs that gold alloy to do his repair properly.

Thanks to all of you for the feedbacks. FYI, I am NOT the owner of this watch. I was googling for a vintage Omega watch and saw this website advertising this watch for sale. I was surprised by its asking price. Try to google fivefortyfive.nz/products/omega-constellation-ultra-thin-automatic-18kt-gold and see it for yourself.
 
Posts
5,294
Likes
53,754
I like it a lot, but then again I like most dress watches.
Would be nice if a replacement dial could be sourced but then again the whole package does not have clean lines unlike most watches so you could probably get away with the dial damage.
 
Posts
13,488
Likes
31,800
Thanks to all of you for the feedbacks. FYI, I am NOT the owner of this watch. I was googling for a vintage Omega watch and saw this website advertising this watch for sale. I was surprised by its asking price. Try to google fivefortyfive.nz/products/omega-constellation-ultra-thin-automatic-18kt-gold and see it for yourself.

Asking price is a joke.

Reality
is melt value.