Vintage Omega watch Is it fake?

Hi everyone,

My father passed me my grandfather's watch (which he got from his father too)

The thing is...
On the watch dial there is an "Antimagnetic" printing, and after trying to find the watch type I come across some forums where people say that it is fake (including old posts from this forum)

I have contacted a really trusted person from one of the local watch groups I follow and addressed my concern with him.

He said that it is true that omega do not print "antimagnetic" on a seamaster watch but this is not a seamaster watch.
He also stated that the watch is from around 40s and probably from 14ct/18ct gold and that I can only know the movement if I will open the watch.

What do you think?

The case and dial do not look like they were made by Omega or any of their contractors.

However, it was common practice for people in the 1940’s or 1950’s to “upgrade” to a locally made gold case. It is possible there is an Omega movement inside.

The only way to figure this out is to have a watchmaker open the case and look at the movement and caseback. Take pictures and post them here.
gatorcpa

The "ANTIMAGNETIC" on the dial immediately makes me suspicious as Omega never marked their dials with that word. The case also has a design feature I've never seen on an Omega.

However, as noted by @gatorcpa, the only way to be sure is to have the case opened and provide good clear photos of the movement and the inside of the caseback.

Thank you guys, I will post after my watchmaker visit

If the movement is real omega, should i replace the dial to omega? Or just try to erase the antimagnetic?

Wait until we've all seen the nice clear pictures.

Only then can the Tribunal decide.